Thread: 7.7 jap handload data

Cool 7.7 jap handload data

Need help on this one. I have a 7.7 jap that my grandpa took from japanese soldier that shot him in the leg 5 times. He shot the guy out of a palm tree and took the rifle and smuggled it back to the states.

He sporterized the stock and scoped it, and used it for deer hunting here in SE since the fifties. Anyways my dad has picked up a couple other original battle rifles. I can get ammo for them but I have a bit of brass and a set of dies and want to reload.

I have reloaded for them a couple years ago but I lost all my load data and im having trouble finding load data. I want reload some 150 grain sierra spitzers and some 150grain speer soft points that I have. Both .311 cal. We want to do a little deer hunting with these this fall.
    Does anybody know were to find this data or have any good loads for this cal.?

thanks

The 46th edition of the Lyman Reloading manual has Jap loads for 150, 180 and 215 grain .311 jacketed bullets, as well as 151 and 210 grain cast. Looks like at least six powders for each bullet, so lots of data to work with.

I'm not sure if #46 is the latest, but I bet you can still find them floating around.

Default thanks

Thanks I just found some loads on the hodgdon web sit too.