Thread: Arisaka action

Question Arisaka action

Anyone ever use an Arisaka action to rebarrel? I understand that the early ones were of top quality, comparable to a 98 mauser. Seems to me that they're decent looking and might work just fine. Your opinion?
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Long long ago, I played with a couple. I could once tell you which actions were which on the desirability list, but that info has left the room.

Seemed to be a fine action, but the safety was a PITA till you got used to it. Williams used to make accessories, and Timney made a trigger as I recall. I don't know how much luck you would have today finding the pieces to trick one out.

By a big margin one of the strongest action ever made. But to sporterize one in this day and age would be highly questionable.

The only one I recall ever seeing that you did not have to hold your nose, while looking at, was indeed in the old WILLIAMS Gun-sight catalog on how to Sporterize your rifle, from long long ago.

If you are lucky and no one has butchered it, they do have a collectors value. The money recovered, would sure put you on the road to something else.

Yes, I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

"Arisaka, it's an acquired taste"
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson