Thread: Awesome Service

Default Awesome Service

I bought a champ and had a pre-inspection done in Wasilla that was not very good. It had good compression but the case was pressurizing from blow by, and was forcing oil out the prop seal. The previous A & P just tried to change the seal. which still leaked and called it good. I took my champ to John Mark Air In Birchwood and currently getting all the kinks worked out. He tore the cyclinders off and Jim Of Jugs honed the cyclinders (15$ each) because the 175 hour motor had glazed cyclinders and installed new rings and reinstalled Mark put the back on the plane. Running great and at a very good price. Also when it was in his shop, he allowed me to do a little fabric work and help with the other work, like removing cowling and ect to cut down on the cost.

Terry

Default be careful

Assuredly, I will not be the only one advising you to watch your mechanic closely. If you get out of there paying less than you expected, consider yourself fortunate.

Default Caution

I knew what was wrong and knew how much it cost to fix it, figured 10 hours was a good deal at $60 per hour. Worked out good, But thanks for the caution. Only person I completely trust is my mom.

Terry