Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Posting Pictures

Brian, just to let you know..... I just tried to post another pic to a thread. I took the pic with the camera phone held upright. When it was downloaded to the pc it shows up correctly oriented. I then downloaded it to the thread and when finished downloading shows up 90 degrees off. So I went back and edited the pic by rotating it 90 degrees, downloaded it to the thread again but it did not change the pic at all. I've noticed a number of pictures people have posted that show up sideways or upside down, so I'm pretty sure there is a glitch in the forums software. Not that I expect it to be changed, just that it gets frustrating. I guess gone are the days that a person can just easily cut and paste a pic to a website. Too much tech-no involved these days. I guess a guy has to be smarter than the computer, and that I ain't......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Testing out a new photo hosting service:

For those who have used photobucket to post photos here, they apparently changed their terms of service recently and now their previously free service costs $399/year to post photos hosted there on sites like this. Assuming that nobody intends to pay that fee, I'm in the process of exploring various options. I think my favorite one so far is http://vgy.me , which is a free service and has easily copied BB code that you can simply cut from there and post here to get full size images (similar to what photobucket used to have).

I'm going to play with it a bit more and then start a new photo posting tutorial in the next few days. I'll be going through and editing some of my old posts, as I enjoy going back and reading through the stories from time to time. Once people get new accounts set up, let me know if you'd like me to do any editing of old posts for you.

Thanks for getting on top of this, Brian! We need a long-term solution that makes it easier for folks anyway. If anyone else out there has a suggestion, feel free to post it here!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Thanks Brian!

Yes thanks Brian, I understand the need to make money and fees, however it appears PB has committed a major "faux pas" in the way they went about making this change, I for one will not be paying their extortion fee, it certainly is a shame to loose all the data that has been posted on various sites by 100 mil PB users will be lost. I was always suspicious of the "cloud", now I know why. I still have my hard drive and backup..

Any possible way AOD could enable users to go back and edit old posts...? dont know how many would do that....
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678