Thread: Kodiak Bows

Default Kodiak Bows

Has anyone shot a Kodiak brand bow? The Archer's Den in Eagle River is carrying these, and the owner is pretty impressed by them. He was telling me that they're easy to adjust and that you can change a string in the field without a vise. Sounds good....but I'd like to hear some feedback from others as well. I'm in the market for a new bow, and I was planning on focusing on Bowtechs and Hoyts, but he's now got me interested in these Kodiak bows as well. Any reviews?

Did you ask Paul if you could shoot one, thats the best way to see if thats what your looking for. I've always been a Hoyt/Reflex fan but those Kodiaks are some nice looking bows and sounds like they are well made, I may even have to try one out for myself.

He indicated that I could shoot one, but I was really just there to check out the shop. I haven't gotten serious about shopping for a bow yet, but I'll certainly ask to shoot one when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Has anyone shot a Kodiak brand bow? Any reviews?
    Brian,

I bought one in the spring of 2003 from Tim at Full Draw (when they were open). It is the bow logic KO 36. It is one of the smoothest shooting bows that I have shot. Bottom line is shoot all the brands and pick the one that fits you best. The KO 36 fit my needs the best. I have 3 friends that have the KO 32 and they really like the compact size. I have a 33+" draw length and have to shoot with a loop as it is. The little bow wouldn't work for me. Sometimes it sucks being 6'6"
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default Bow logic 32

I bought one from Tim and Full Draw myself. I'm still shooting it now. the accessories that come on the bow are first rate. I would highly recomend them if it fits you personally. Nice light setup very adjustable

John

Default Shoot lots of bows before you buy!!

I shot a Bowlogic 32 for quite a few years, but that bow does not have the parallel limb geometry which has increased the speed and power of compound bows so dramatically over the last 4-5 years.
    Also, the newer Kodiak bows do not have the sights or rest machined into the bow like the Bowlogic did. While they do have the parallel limb geometry, I don't think the finish on the newer Kodiaks is anywhere near as nice as the earlier bows.
    In '05 I switched from Kodiak to Bowtech, and gained lots of speed at the same draw weight, and Bowtech bows were much quieter and easier to shoot well.
    Now I'm shooting Ross bows, which I hope Archer's Den will end up carrying. They are beautiful to shoot, very handsome, and less expensive than the Bowtechs. (Ross bows look a lot like Mathews bows)
    Before you drop $650-$800 on a bow, shoot lots of them, to be sure you what you want-
    :}

Thumbs up

My buddy has the Titan and loves it . I shot it a few times and can not really tell much difference from my Mathews Switchback XT .
    My next bow will be a Ross !!!!!!

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

I've got a Kodiak Bowlogic 34 and I am pretty **** happy with it. I have found that you have to put your hands on all bows that appeal to you and pick the one that feels the best. The technology has over advanced itself beyond what most hunters need, they are all good. I can vouge for the Kodiak bows, other than the monster griz that I missed with it at 20 yards 2 springs ago its been great. <grin>

They are nice bows. Reasonably priced. They are still a vary young company but they are gaining momentum in the bow business. I have shot a couple of them. I like the way they shot.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Are they the company that has all the componants built in?

If so I hunted with a guy on the Haul rd last year that had one and loved it I shot it a little and it seemed like a real nice bow. I would shoot a few and go from there.

I'm still shooting a Mathews LX, did make the mistake of shooting a Switchback last year but couldn't afford it and decided I'd keep the Lx for a while longer.

I still have a MQ1 as well and think between the 2 I own, Mathews hasn't made a better bow even though I really liked the Switchback I didn't shoot it but a dozen times or so.

Wow I'm long winded, sorry, you cant go wrong if you shoot and like it before you drop a bunch of money on it, any reputable shop will let you shoot before you buy if not go somewhere else. Goodluck

I thought I'd throw in a little Customer Service experience I had with my Kodiak bow. When I first got it, I shot the you know what out of it, lots and lots of arrows and I started noticing that my cable was wearing by the cam in a weird way. I noticed it getting progressively worse, so I put a new string and cable in it at maybe 1000 arrows shot. I noticed right away that the new cable was wearing in the same spot. So I picked up the phone and called Kodiak Bows at their 1-800 number. They immediately transferred me through to a tech and within a few minutes on the phone the guy knew exactly what was wrong and that day he put a new cam in the mail to me.(He asked me if I needed to have it installed by someone or if I could do it myself, and I told him I had a press and could do it myself). Anyway new cam made problem go away and I havent had a problem since. Thats pretty good customer service in my book. They used to have a pic of me on their website with a bou I shot with it , I had emailed them the pic and thanked them for the help with the new cam. May not be as big as Mathews or Hoyt but pretty good guys from what I can tell.

I second the applause for Kodiak's customer service. At several different points, I decided I wanted some part or piece, once even a new riser, after I bent one by being careless with a bow press. (Ouch)
    In every case, when I called Kodiak, they bent over backwards to get me what I needed.
    I did notice though, that even their new bows lack the fitting on the back of the riser to allow you to install a String Suppressor. That's an oversight which they should address. Those String Suppressors really work!! Not only do they cut the string vibration + noise dramatically, they eliminate any chance of wrist slap. You have to have the port to screw one into though.

Ross's new Cardiac Bows, on the other hand, come with a string suppressor built in, for no extra charge. Ross is hard to beat!!
    Last edited by Raven1; 11-09-2007 at 19:03. Reason: spelling

Last winter I decided it was time to get back into archery and did some research and shopping around. I shot the Kodiak BowLogic 32 and 34, along with the first Diamond Black Ice hit the shop, and a couple of other bows. In the end,the BowLogic 34 felt the best and I couldn't find a single pour review for the Kodiak line so that was the bow I took home. If you do some more internet searching you'll find lot of good reviews for Kodiak. Now if I could just find time to mine.

Last week I drove out to the Archer's Den and shot for the first time since last winter. I met Paul and his family, very nice people. I wish them luck.

Default Kodiak Bows

I've owned a KO32 since 2002. This year I'm replacing it with a Diamond Marquis. I'm not replacing it because I no longer like the KO, in fact I love my KO32. I just decided I wanted to try something different with a longer Axel to Axel and parallel limbs.

I would highly recommend a Kodiak bow, I've had nothing but good results from them. My KO32 had the same cam problem someone on this tread mentioned. Kodiak replaced the cam with no cost to me. Also I had a limb on my KO go bad. Not really bad it just bent more than the other limb which ended up making the bow out of time. Again Kodiak replaced both limbs with no cost to me.

I've had nothing but good service from them and I'm still considering keeping my KO. I just have to figure out how to keep it hidden from the wife.

They are great bows, and a great company to work with. I have nothing but good things to say about them. I can only hope my Diamond experience goes as well

Default i own a bowlogic 32

[quote=Brian M;165497]Has anyone shot a Kodiak brand bow? The Archer's Den in Eagle River is carrying these, and the owner is pretty impressed by them. He was telling me that they're easy to adjust and that you can change a string in the field without a vise. Sounds good....but I'd like to hear some feedback from others as well. I'm in the market for a new bow, and I was planning on focusing on Bowtechs and Hoyts, but he's now got me interested in these Kodiak bows as well. Any reviews?[/quote Hello Brian! hey! i own a bowlogic 32. i bought it for my kid and our agreement was before he takes possession of it, he had to work it off. well that never happend. i couldn't stand my hoyt ultramag so i sold it and set the ko32 up for me. it shoots like a mathews for less money very smooth and doesn't tear my shoulder up like the hoyt. i don't like hoyts feel for some reason. i am thinking of selling my ko32 for $400.00 it is a very nice bow and i love it. i am the type of person that like as small of bow as i can get and the ko's about it. i have two different businesses that need the money and my time for now. i figure i will buy another bow later but don't have time to shoot right now. if your interested. i am in by Seattle Washington accross the sound in Manchester. to answer your question, i would not hesitate to buy one. everybody i show it to likes it. and says it shoots great. i had a bowtech tomkat and could not stand it either. all the older ones were top heavy and tend to come back at you. anyhow have a great day! Hank