Thread: Camping and fishing the Kenai

Default Camping and fishing the Kenai

I'm going to try and squeeze one more trip this weekend down on the kenai. Anyone want to share any good camping locations?
    Something nice and peaceful and not to far from the river.

Default swanson river

Or quartz creek or cooper landing there by the hwy..

Default i know how you feel

im dying to get my boat out on the river 1 more time. just gotta get a shuttle... haha let me know!

Bings Landing is a nice spot, the camp ground is up the hill but they have a nice boat ramp.

alaskafishingsuccess.com

I dont know if the russian is still open but i love that place from mid september on. Great camp this time of year or cooper landing also. See if wildmans store is still doing ths shuttle if your floating the upper anywhere from the lake to jim. Give them a shout reasonable this time of year
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

the russian river campground never actually closes, everyone just leaves and you don't have to pay... isn't the trailhead used by snowmachines as well?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Hmmmm. I was down there in april last year and they had the russian locked. I know they dont charge there after mid september. I stayed there the last 10 days of september as a base camp for floating and just love it that time of the year and im sure it is just as nice now. Quiet, nice fire and some good friends. Truly great when the place is empty
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

In the lower river I like the swiftwater campground in Soldotna. It has pretty good access with metal walks along the shore, and the campground is very quiet and nice. Good fishing in the seam right behind the island for whatever trout/salmon. Just a really nice campground run by the city of Soldotna. Doesn't feel like town at all though.