Thread: Eagle River Knife Company

Default Eagle River Knife Company

Anyone have any comments on the knives made by Eagle River knife company? Thanks.

Chaos

Nice looking knives. Owner told me he buys the blades already made and then just adds the handles.
    Never used one in the field though.
    Tennessee

Default fillet knife

I've got one of Ted's fillet knives. I think it's dandy.

I have a Cutco fillet that in my view is okay for salmon but too flimsy for halibut, rockfish, ling cod. The ER knife does just fine on the ocean fish. Firm but still enough flex.

Default ER Knives

Thank you for the input folks, concur with your comments IRT the Filet knife, has a great back to it.

My bride wanted a couple for the kitchen so I thought I would seek some "user" info. I purchased a few, to include the Ulu.

Thanks again.

Chaos

I have found that to make a really great fillet knife it takes two things a blade with lots of flex and handles that fit my wife's hands.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

I have the hunter knife with the gut hook. Its a really really nice knife. I did send it back to them and have the varnish removed from the handle though. It got slippery when covered in blood. They removed it and polished the wood which left a even better looking finish thats really grippy.

here is my favorite knife - www.silverstag.com - I particularly like the Alaskain model.

i've got a couple of their knives and like them just fine. we use them in the kitchen, and i have never use one in the field.

Default good stuff...

I have bought three Ulus from them and they are the nicest (by far) I have found. Super sharp and made very well. I just got two of their ulu cutting bowls for Christmas and they are exceptional. I would not hesitate to buy anything from them. Nice folks too!