Thread: Sheep & Goat

Default Sheep & Goat

Is there anywhere where to hunt both sheep and goat in the same general area? If so, would this area be registration or draw?
    Marc Theiler

Yep. Units 7, 13, 14, and 15 all have both in similar areas. All of them require a drawing permit for at least one of the species.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Yep. Units 7, 13, 14, and 15 all have both in similar areas. All of them require a drawing permit for at least one of the species.
    Sad but true! last year you could have gone into 14A with a sheep harvest and goat registration I doubt you would have scored on both but you would have had a good chance at getting one or the other.

Default Goat

I am more interested registration/harvest goat and then try and draw for a sheep, what is the best unit for doing such?

Thanks for the help guys and what air taxi could get me there?
    Marc Theiler

Portions of Unit 11 offer this opportunity. Very difficult access, however. 13D is also good, but requires drawing a permit.

I hunted 13D, sheep and goat in the same area... tough walk in only area, I thought you knew about this area already on your previous posts...CK

I don't have my regs with me, but I think Unit 11 has a harvest sheep area as well as registration goat.

I'd say the kenai mountains, however unless you draw a goat permit the seasons do not overlap...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default Wrangells

Also good sheep and goat in unit 11 up the Chitina R. Go last ten days of sheep season.. Lots of goats and great sheep. Awsome hunt. A little bit of a logistical challenge just getting there but a great hunt and not a ton of pressure. Plenty of billies that never get hunted. McCall Ridge is a good place to start and probably the easiest.
    There you go. The secret honey hole is out. May never get the chance to go again myself so you might as well enjoy it.
    This is not a b.s. post if you think I'm yankin yer chain.