Thread: Chickaloon River Trail

Default Chickaloon River Trail

Does anyone know the story with the Chickaloon River Trail? The one that goes up the valley to the left of the river.

Is it private property? Is there a place to park? If it's not rideable with ATV or snowmachine can I get up it on a mountain bike or even hiking?

Is this the trail at the end of the road in Chickenloon? If so, I have ridden it once. I actually thought I was on another trail. Ends up back by Castle Mountain. I may be way off base here. You may be able to connect to the Kings River trail. If not, you will be close to it.
    EricL

Default Chickaloon River Trail

There isn't really any parking area. ATVS can make it to what's called slop hill, about 8 miles in. Horses or hike from there, maybe mtn bike after you carry it up.

Thanks for the info. Will my truck get smashed if I park it near the trail?

I know there's a variety of trails around there but I assume mostly only locals use them. I think it's possible but a lot longer to get there from the Boulder Creek Trail or Permenente.

How far does the bike or hiking trail go after Slop Hill?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by snowbear View Post
    There isn't really any parking area. ATVS can make it to what's called slop hill, about 8 miles in. Horses or hike from there, maybe mtn bike after you carry it up.
    Is the old 98' Bridge still there?

Why can't atvs make it past slop hill?

Funny, we flew the Chickaloon river valley this past summer looking for that trail and never saw it.

Default Chickaloon trail

The trail turns into a single track horse trail up slop hill. I don't think you'd have any problems with folks messing with your rig. Only traffic back there is locals.

98 bridge??? do you mean the bridge across the river at the canyon? It is gone.

thanks, snowbear.