Thread: Anyone interested in a Fairbanks area avalanche course?

Default Anyone interested in a Fairbanks area avalanche course?

Hi, I'm just trying to get an idea of how many people in the Fairbanks area might be interested in taking a Level I Avalanche Safety course. This would be a practical class (2 Saturdays?) that would offer all the basics plus practice in beacon location and search & rescue (using probes, etc).

If enough people are into it, we may be able to get something together for this spring. Please email me at karina.possenti@hotmail.com. I'll collect names, and if we get enough people and i can organize this, I'll send out info. Thanks!
    karina

Default wrong email address

Sorry, my email is karinapossenti@hotmail.com

Default Fairbanks Ski Patrol

We might end up having to do Avy 1 for a few new ski patrollers this year. We're always up for some training also and I'm sure there are folks on our Patrol who would like to participate. Not that we have to worry about much avy danger at Skiland but a lot of the Patrol does backcountry skiing and some guest patol at Alyeska and NSP requires it. Anyway... might be a few from the Fairbanks Ski Patrol. I'd like to do it again. It's been a while. Who knows, Skiland might be a good place to do it.

I couldn't help but notice Possenti in your email address. Were you related to Dick Possenti, the long time Patroller up at Skiland and UAF Professor? He was on the Patrol when I joined 10 years ago. He was there every day we were open. I think the last full year he patrolled it was 45 days. I did a tribute to him on our website which I am in the middle of redoing. I haven't got to the "In Memory of Dick" page yet but I will.

Fairbanks Ski Patrol

Perry
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again