Thread: Late season goats, help

Default Late season goats, help

Does anyone have any knowledge to pass on about hunting goats during the nov season. Where will they most likely be found? What are they eating? Never hunted goats. Was going to wait until next year to get serious about it but I'm getting cabin fever already and need to get out.

I also see that most all of the accessible areas on the Kenai penn is going to draw hunts.

Any likely areas to try?

Thanks, Hntr

Kenai penn hunts have an early season draw then if there are enough sheep a late season registration hunt. in early Nov. th Goats will be high, almost as high as their summer range as they are rutting then... Look for billies chasing around groups of nanies... Billies could be anywhere really compared to nannies which will be around "escape terrain"

Not that I have actually hunted them but this is the information passed along to me by a biologist down here doing a goat tagging study...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Where were you looking at going? there are a couple places out of seward open and a couple out near seldovia?

Default goats

I guess I did not know there were any closed areas in area 7 or 15C. I was thinking around Seward.

I believe the registration goat hunt opened today near day harbor and nelly juan for archery only. You would have to talk with fish and game though. I looked on there website but it says it is closed. I have the paper at work that says what opened on 11/1/07

They are starting to rut mid-november; often they are dropping into the timber by now- sometimes you can catch the big boys chasing nannies around quite low. Main thing about late goat hunting is to remember your crampons and ice axe! Remembering where you put the pressure-cooker is the last part of the goat hunting process!