Thread: Draw and/or Harvest Report information

Default Draw and/or Harvest Report information

So I get lucky and get drawn for FMA antlerless moose tag. Better yet, I get a big ole cow in mid September. I gut her where she fell and hauled her to my house for the skinning and processing. I cut out the notches on the tag, then I turn in the jaw specimen the next day. A month later a biologists from ADF&G calls me and wants more information from the hunt.

To make a long story even longer he wanted to know if I gutted and skinned my moose near someone's house, because they wanted the hunter to move those remains. I killed my moose a few miles inside the Ft Wainwright boundary, so I know it wasn't me. I wouldn't gut a moose near a house anyway, but my point is...

Is this the intended purpose of my Draw Hunt Report that I filed at the ADF&G office? Seems to me like someone used my report for the wrong reason.

Graybeard, I'd love to get your 2 cents. I think you are the one that help me get that moose to my house, so you know where I killed that moose.

Default Just curious

was it adf&g that called you or the state troopers. Who was the biologist if it was fish and game.

It was definitely a biologist at ADF&G. I prefer to not advertise his name. I told the biologist everything he wanted to know, but later got to thinking about the whole conversation. It's not really a big deal to me, I just didn't like big brother using my info improperly.

Default FYI

I know I've (3X) been part of a cow hunt in 20A wiht a similar situation as you, except in our cases they sent the nasti-gram stating that they hadn't received our permit report, etc, and that all future draw hunts could be in jeopardy as a result. When I said that not only did we drop jaw bone off, etc. as required we were essentially told, oh well-sh** happens, file it (again) on line and you're good to go.

I guess, no harm, no foul, but in our cases F&G sure as heck didn't get to analyze the jaw bone etc. It sounds to me like they're overworked, understaffed. or both.

Default They are totally used to try to F you if they can!!!

I got into a little war of words with a guide a couple years ago on a little gravel bar I landed at to hunt. He reported me for same day airborne shooting a moose just to be an ass. (He was very aware when I landed and that it was the next afternoon when I shot.) Trooper calls me like 4 months later and starts asking me about "this thursday" and "that friday". Well, heck, I can't remember 4 months back so I just kinda said yeah I landed there about that time. Then the truth comes out he has my harvest ticket in his hand and is trying to set me up!! Anyway, I have NEVER done anything illegal hunting!! I commenced to telling him that and how I felt about this crap. Conversation was ended shortly cause I was HOT and never heard a word back. Anyway, sharing all that story to say: don't think for a minute those are just for research data or whatever.
    I really lost alot of respect for our "system" after getting questioned the way I did by the way! Apparantly if you want to screw someone over just report some BS to the fish cops.

Cool OK

Sorry, I spooled myself up reliving that episode as I typed it. Meant to just share my experience as well.