Thread: Rim offset

Question Rim offset

I'm looking at the Dennis Kirk site for new front rims for my 6x6. I was told rims for the Ranger will fit my machine and the offset will help fit wider tires without rubbing problems.

Question -
    The offset measurements are given like 3/5 (for an 8" rim) and 2/3 (for a 5" rim). There are different variations as well of course. My question is which number is inside and which is outside measurement? For the 3/5 is it 3" inside and 5" outside? or visa versa?
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Offset

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud
    I'm looking at the Dennis Kirk site for new front rims for my 6x6. I was told rims for the Ranger will fit my machine and the offset will help fit wider tires without rubbing problems.

Question -
    The offset measurements are given like 3/5 (for an 8" rim) and 2/3 (for a 5" rim). There are different variations as well of course. My question is which number is inside and which is outside measurement? For the 3/5 is it 3" inside and 5" outside? or visa versa?
    I believe the first number is outside and the second is inside.

I dont know much about offset rim specs. Theres a few things to probably keep an eye on.

Usually IRS rims will not work on the rear of a SRA quad due to the offset, they will stick too far undernieth the rear fenders. I know some of the Rangers have IRS, I dont know if all do. I am not a polaris man. SRA rims will work on the rear of an IRS quad but the driver will turn into a mud brick on the trail, they stick out that far. I believe all adult sized polaris quads have the same bolt pattern, I am not sure about the rim size though.

It might not be an answer to your question, but I hope it helps.