Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Miles

Default Most Miles

Thought that this might be fun to see how many miles someone might have on their ATV. Seems like most ATV's would be low except in the areas like a rural or village is concerned. All the more fun to see who might have the most miles. My machine has only about 30 miles since new and is sitting in the garage waiting for somewhere to go. I can't wait for the river to freeze up so I can break it in a litttle.

I have no idea. My wifes bike is a 1988 bigbear and the odometer has been broke for a number of years. I'm sure has a few on the engine.

Mines newer with 3 miles on the odometer, of course 3 miles after I had it rebuilt my wife rolled it down a hill at birdcreek (busted the odometer). Its a 96 so I have no idea how many miles are on it.

My 05 Brute Force 750 was around 3000 miles, give or take.

Default 2300-2600 miles each

3 big bears 2002, and 2 teenage boys riding 2 of them. Not bad, no major breakdowns, lots of rollovers and bent parts, but all still running strong.

07 Rincon, 850 miles.
    I had a Honda Rancher with 3500 and it ran great when I sold it.

01 Suzuki Quadrunner with about 1800 miles on it and 400 since the new mud tires. Only thing I have had to do is change the oil and put gas in it. I am still using the original battery and spark plug.

I have a few yamaha 350 bruins 2005 and 06 with anywhere from 4,000 to 6,000 miles on them. Geat machines!!!
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default 05 Bombardier 400 XT

Got 1700+ miles on it in 2yrs... Running strong and without a hiccup that I didn't induce myself.

IceKing02

Thumbs up most miles....31,000 miles.

Most miles I have ever heard of was reported to me by a well known Fairbanks snow-go/ATV repair and maintainence shop. He reports that one famous Iditarod winner has a 1990 Honda 300TRX 4x4 that has been carefully maintained in his shop....and, at its last checkup, had 31000 miles on it! 31000 miles....all those folks that think Honda ATVs are inferior to what they're driving, take note. Serious dog mushers put more mileage on their 4wheelers in a year than most enthusiasts put on in a lifetime. And Hondas, not Polaris, Kawasaki, Arctic Cat, Yamaha, etc, are preferred....they work and they last. That same musher added a new Honda Rubicon...bright yellow...to his fleet when they first came out....it had 5000 miles on it before it was a year old.

(By the way, I am not "that" Rick.)
    Last edited by Rick; 10-28-2007 at 15:25. Reason: addition

Smile Iditarod Miles

29000 pulled by a dog team in doesn't count

But, don't those mushers "pull" their AVT's around in the summer? I bet it gets alot of miles on it that way, if the odometer is a simple trip type.

Little over 3K on my "00 Rancher and 1800 on my "05 Prairie.
    Mike
    (starting to feel like a lightweight around here! :-)
    Where's Rockhound on this? Probably in his garage still trying to add that high :-)
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Only about 1500 on my 02 Griz. Mostly low range though. I very rarely just run around in high range putting on miles on easy trails.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Thumbs up miles....and mushers.

Everyone does it differently....most are having the dogs pull against the engine. The brakes...trying to stop the dog team...take the most abuse. I run up to 20 dogs on my Honda....I've seen one of my neighbors running 26 on his Honda. We don't drive them with the motor off....and we don't park our ATV's when there is adequate snow to use a sled. Some use them all winter to enable them to drive more dogs....get more dogs out each day. They are a regular tool for training dogs and doing homestead chores....not simply a mud bogging, hunting toy.

I sometimes use my Ski-doo Skandic extra wide track to drive dogs....it won't stop them....they stop because they are trained to stop on command....it won't keep them stopped if they get antsy....even if the track is locked, they can take off with the sno-go while I'm away from the controls working in the team, but they are slowed down enough that I am able to catch the handlebars.

I've done far more damage to my 4wheelers driving dogs than any other thing I've done with them....but it's been great fun.

My point....31000 miles on a 4wheeler is amazing longevity. And that Honda is still in the original owner's fleet.

I'm too lazy to go look for the thread but there is a company in the 48 that uses hondas in their industrial yard and they have hondas with 100,000 plus miles on them. A guy up in Barrow also has a honda with 100,000 plus miles on it.

Mike Echo. RockHound can add? LOL!!!

Yeah I want to see his numbers also. He is always out there
    riding somewhere.

2001 Rubicon-7200 miles
    2002 Rubicon-5150 miles
    2003-Rubicon-6995 miles
    2006 Rubicon-800 miles
    They all run great!

I recall seeing a similar thread in another ATV forum where someone mentioned having worked for a railroad company that had Honda Ranchers which were used for running up and down track lines checking for needed repairs. He said there were a few in their fleet that made over 60K miles. There are other manufacturers which produce wheelers every bit as reliable. It's just that Honda has consistently sold far more of them than anyone else, so there's simply more of them out there. I'm convinced that my wife's Yamaha Big Bear is the Honda's equal where reliability is concerned. It's an 07 though, so it will be a long time before it will have anywhere near that many miles.

That kind of mileage is generally easy riding at a moderate pace though. most of us who use them for recreation ride them in areas that are not at all easy on the equipment.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Yup. Rockhound and add! WOW!

PK

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Echo View Post
    Little over 3K on my "00 Rancher and 1800 on my "05 Prairie.
    Mike
    (starting to feel like a lightweight around here! :-)
    Where's Rockhound on this? Probably in his garage still trying to add that high :-)
    Sorry Mike, being towed does not count!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast