Thread: Ignition fuse problems/need advice

Default Ignition fuse problems/need advice

Having a problem with the ignition fuse burning out on my 2005 Suzuki Eiger LTF 400 4x4. Changed it twice today with the same problem occuring. What is causing the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Nukalpiaq View Post
    Having a problem with the ignition fuse burning out on my 2005 Suzuki Eiger LTF 400 4x4. Changed it twice today with the same problem occuring. What is causing the problem?
    I could help you if I had a wiring diagram. That's what you need to troubleshoot the problem, because it seems that there is a short in the wire itself, or in one of the components down the line.

You may have to inspect the wire carefully (look for a bare wire touching the frame or a component casing, etc.). If the wire is not shorted, then the problem is with a component down the line.

RayfromAk, the Suzuki Dealer gave basically the same advice. Check for exposed wires that are touching the frame, start with the wires that are around the moving parts of the frame; steering post and so forth. He also gave my soninlaw 5 free 10 amp fuses to replace the 3 that burned out yesterday. Tomorrow for starters I will visually check the wiring harness. Thanks