Thread: King Eider On St. Paul Island

Default King Eider On St. Paul Island

I have a couple of questions in regards to hunting on St. Paul. A friend of mine is wanting to come up to hunt King Eiders mainly and was wondering what to expect. He doesn't have internet so I am trying to be his go between. He is looking at Aleutian Island Outfitters and has heard good things about them. He hunted Kodiak a few years ago but couldn't connect on any Kings. Have any of you folks been out to St. Paul to hunt for them and if you did what were the conditions like? He is looking to come around the first of the year in Jan 2009. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Default st paul bird hunt

tell your friend to bring warm gear and bunny boots its real cold on the sea at that maybe ice flows too a few insalated thermos open mouth he needs hot soups lots of high protine foods and last hope he is in good shape as if you are wore down hard to get med help only health aids out there I have hunted black ducks barrow to bristal bay just hard to keep warm seal hunting aways made me cold as well as hunting sea birds good luck

look on the refuge forums under diver forum. lots of good stuff on st.paul.charlie has proven to be the guy out there with great success, although there is a new outfitter as you will find out.

There is definately another option for hunting King Eiders and other Sea Ducks on St. Paul Island.

PlM me for more information.
    Last edited by Icebear; 05-03-2011 at 13:06.

Just do a google search for top king eider guides and then go to you tube and do a search, you will find all the info you need.

Default stevet50

Chen-- How do I get a PM to you??

Quote Originally Posted by Stevet50 View Post
    Chen-- How do I get a PM to you??
    You can't. Based on forum rules you have to have been a member for over a month and have 20 some posts. So does Chen.

Both king and Chen are members of other duck hunting forums with the same screen names. You might be able to email them if they have turned on email notifications. Being business men they should have done that.