Thread: video camera's

Default video camera's

Would like to get some advice on what type of video camera to get for the money without going for broke. Interested in recording my hunts and editing them and burning them onto a DVD. Money wise.. in the price range of no more than 3500.. Also, what is the best editing program that is somewhat dummy proof. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks...

Dave

Default Video Camera's

Dave - you realize that question is like asking "which rifle to buy" on the hunting boards... you'll get lots of different opinions! I suggest you check out the new Sony HDR-FX1 (@ $3700) OR the Sony HDR-FX7 (@ $3500).

One other bit of information - IF you are planning on producing hunting videos for sale, DVD's will be obsolete within the next couple years. Right now, DVD sales are way down nationally.

Default explain?

Quote Originally Posted by MEtracker View Post
    One other bit of information - IF you are planning on producing hunting videos for sale, DVD's will be obsolete within the next couple years. Right now, DVD sales are way down nationally.
    Why are DVD sales down now? Not sure I understand what you're saying, besides maybe the HD DVD and Blue Ray disks are up in sales?

Ken

Default video camera's

Quote Originally Posted by MEtracker View Post
    Dave - you realize that question is like asking "which rifle to buy" on the hunting boards... you'll get lots of different opinions! I suggest you check out the new Sony HDR-FX1 (@ $3700) OR the Sony HDR-FX7 (@ $3500).

MEtracker, I appreciate your candor and thank you for pointing me in a direction. I have no knowledge in this area and I thought that I could find someone that could point me in the right direction.

I have other plans that does not involve DVD's and just wanted to know if anyone had an opinion on, which type of camera, from their trial n error that could keep me from making the same mistake.