Thread: Suggestions for new stock on rem700

Default Suggestions for new stock on rem700

Hey all, im trying to buy a new stock for my rem 700 chambered in 300 weatherby magnum. I want a synthetic stock that is light. I sort of like the raised chin on the stock. So far im looking at HS Precision. I think i like them. But let me know what you think. thanks vance

If price is no concern,you cannot beat the McMillan EDGE. They are around $500 the last time I looked but are very nice.

Tim
    If you can read this, thank a Teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a Soldier.

Not cheap by any means, but I've been really happy with Brown Precision and to a lesser degree McMillan. The McMillan is no doubt as good as the Brown, but I really don't like that impressed checkering- especially for the bux involved. I've never been able to tell the difference between them when it comes to accuracy, fit, and durability.

Forgot too add that Accurate Innovations also makes a very nice stock for the 700's.Also very pricey but worth it.

Tim
    Last edited by tjkanavel; 10-24-2007 at 08:22. Reason: cant spell worth a darn....................
    If you can read this, thank a Teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a Soldier.

Thumbs up Bell & Carlson

Bell & Caralson makes a very nice stock at a resionable price. They will even give a HUGE (near 40%) to active duty military. Gotta Like that.

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/

well i just bought the hs precision sporter from cabelas. its backordered but they are from any company i could find that sold them. but im not home until january anyways so thanks for the advice, Vance

Default rifle stock

If you decide to go with the bell and carlson rifle stock email which model you are looking at and I can tell you the dealer price as of today. That might help you if you are buying from someone that likes to haggle.

I am not aware of any military discount. However, B/C do sell there stocks directly to police officers at dealers cost so if you know a police officer that can save you a few bucks. From what I have seen dealers are selling them anywhere from 30.00 dollars to a little over 100.00 above dealers cost. Granted I am sure that can be higher or lower depending on the each dealer and the stock.

HS precision

Thumbs up H-S Precision

Gotta agree with the H-S Precision. They're a bit more expensive than a Bell and Carlson, but worth it in my opinion. I'm fortunate enough to have one on my .223 Ackley Improved. I bought the rifle for about what the stock is worth and haven't been disappointed.

awesome, thats what i like to hear on a product i bought. i spent 550 on the whole rifle and scope used wich was a killer deal in general but i wanted better stock since this will be my hunting rifle for a long time to come. vance