Thread: Binos for narrow face

Question Binos for narrow face

I am sure there is a technical term for what I am trying to say, but here's the issue. I have tried many different binoculars over the course of the past year trying to find good glass that fits my face. You all can hold the jokes for now...The distance between my eyes is abnormally short. So close that my eyes are unable to focus using MOST binoculars! The only glass I've found that seemed to fit are the old Bushnells (I think I could cup saran wrap and see a clearer picture) and Swarovski EL (which I can afford, but would have to scrap a lot of other stuff of equal or more importance to make happen). I tried a pair of Pentax that I really liked in the store, but the pair I ordered from Doug...you guessed it, didn't fit!

I would like to stay with 10x40s if possible. Any ideas???

You could try some of the smaller binos that have the soft rubber eyecups instead of the type the Pentaxes have. I know that the Zeiss 10x25's and probably the other 10x25s and maybe 30's allow for closer set eyes.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

You really need to give a pair of Leicas a try, if they will fit you, no better binos on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    You could try some of the smaller binos that have the soft rubber eyecups instead of the type the Pentaxes have. I know that the Zeiss 10x25's and probably the other 10x25s and maybe 30's allow for closer set eyes.
    I thought of that, but couldn't sell myself on them yet. I would really like to stick in th 10x40 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    You really need to give a pair of Leicas a try, if they will fit you, no better binos on the planet.
    I have tried Leica as well and they are great glass; however, if I were to splurge for the high priced optics, I prefer the Swaro to Leica. It's a personal preference, nothing against Leica, just more comfortable with the other "big guys"

How about Minox? I've heard some good things about them, but have never seen them. How do they fit for width?

You would laugh if you could see all the binos we have in this house. The reason we now have two pair of Leica is because I got tired of the fighting over who was going to carry the Leica.

I did not tell you that the place to shop for the good glass is on e-bray, that's where the last pair came from for the bosses birthday present. She has been happy with them.

Expect to pay about half the new cost of new on one of these auctions.

Default Burris

I have a pair of Burris Signiture Serries that closes up for my 7 year old. I bought them at SW about three years ago. Not big name nor big price but suprisingly good glass. good Luck

John

I have an old pair of Leupold wind rivers that are pretty narrow. Use them for my archery binos. 10x40 IF