Thread: How do you put hunting footage on a DVD?

Default How do you put hunting footage on a DVD?

I didn't put this in the photography forum because it's video. If I'm wrong I apologize.

I have a Panasonic VDR-D210.

I purchased Memorex mini DVD-R disks.

I can record just fine and the quality is good. I can play back the video on the camera or put the disk in my computer and it plays in Media Player.

However I want to be able to put the disk into my computer and use a software program (windows movie maker?) to edit the recording, then make a movie, then burn it to DVD's.

I can't do this because my data is in .bup, .ifo, etc formats and Windows Movie Maker doesn't seem to recognize it.

Someone told me to try the RW Disks in a format called VR. ???

I can't imagine that a different type of disk will make the problem go away.

Any thoughts or input?

Thank you,

KRS

Default connection

Are you sure you have the right cord connection from the camera to the computer? I needed to get an esb cord I believe from Best. It did not come with my camera. Maybe you have one already?

I would like to just put the mini-DVD into the computer to edit it, and not need a cord.???

Default record to dvd

i had the same problem,my recorded hunt from a sony camcorder with a mini hi-fi tape and transfered to a dvd from a recorder-player.when i got home i could not play it,it would not work in my computer or DVD player.so i took it to circuit city and asked if there was a way to get it to work,so they took my DVD and put it to a new DVD recorder-player and it would not work and he said it was not finalized after it was made,he went into the menu on the DVD recorder and hit finalize after about 3 min. it worked.so the DVD disc has to be finalized so it will play,i think when you transfer from the camcorder to the DVD recorder you have to record in VR mode and after you done transfering then finalize the disc before you take it out and you should be good to go.

hope this helps you out.

Good question. It seems like the dvd camcorders were made more for taking movies and watching them on tv, and not so much for editing.
    I don't have an answer for you, but found this info page, which explains what the file formats are on the dvd:
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvd
    Scroll down the page to the dvd file/folder structure section is.
    The answer to your problem is software to convert the vob files to a format your editing software will recognize.
    I edit on a mac from mini dv tapes, so I can't help you with that, but there has to be something you can use to convert the files.

I purchased Nero 8 Ultra, and it copied and burned it just fine.

My work computer still says "does not have the proper DVD decoder to play this disk", however both home computers and my dvd player can play it just fine.

For now, it's working.

Thank you,

KRS

Default Decoder

Have you tried downloading updated/new decoders to the computer you are trying to play it on? If it doesn't have the decoder (since it is a work computer it most likely will not have the proper decoder), then it won't play. I think!?! Then again, Venus and Jupiter might not be aligned to stop the ultrahighfrequencygamma emissions from the Delta Quadrant. It might just be easier to align Jupiter and Venus. lol

Good luck

Stuart
    http://www.cafepress.com/naturesgym

Fun is the best workout of all.