Thread: Anybody know if freshwater adventures in dillingham is still there?

Default Anybody know if freshwater adventures in dillingham is still there?

Looking at floating river x next august, last time I was out yonder we used freshwater adventures, anyone know if they are still around? Anybody recommend any other flying services?

Thanks
    AKPM
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default Travel from Dill...

Freshwater Adventures is under new manager Jerry Ball, 907 842-5060, if you need a goose or a widgen. If you need a beaver then Bay Air, owned by Tom & Janet Schlagel, 907 842-2570, have been very responsive to my travel needs out of Dillingham for many years.

Dennis

thanks....

Another nod for Bay Air. PowderMonkey before you book with that "other" outfit shoot me a PM.......You won't be sorry.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Thumbs up maybe cheaper to go by boat in the bay

Depending on where you are going,maybe cheaper to hire a local guide(like myself)and get dropped off,and fly out prices are getting way up there to fly.

Thanks guys I'm in the process of budgeting so if anyone knows average prices per hour around there that would be immensely helpful...

Thanks Again
    Patrick

FWA's price page(scroll down to the bottom):
    http://www.freshwateradventure.com/H...ngEstCost.html

Their plane is too big for my needs so I never researched their reputation but hope it helps.

I've heard nothing but good things about Rick Grant of www.tikchikairventures.com . Operates a Beaver and 185, both on floats. Very prompt with emailed air quotes, too. Something that is hit or miss with bush outfits in AK, for sure. I reserved with him last year but had to cancel due to a work conflict so did not fly with him.

Default Bay Air is top notch

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
    Freshwater Adventures is under new manager Jerry Ball, 907 842-5060, if you need a goose or a widgen. If you need a beaver then Bay Air, owned by Tom & Janet Schlagel, 907 842-2570, have been very responsive to my travel needs out of Dillingham for many years.

Dennis
    Tom and Janet are great folks, and Tom knows his stuff.

I've flown a quite bit with Rick Grant at Tikchik Airventures (I think that is the correct business name). Always has been very proffessional, safe, personable etc etc etc. I always feel bad getting in his plane with my waders on as it is always immaculate. He has a beaver and C-185, both on floats. Last time we flew with him we had just a bit too much gear (4 guys, 2 rafts, 10 day trip) for the beaver so he made 1 trip in the beaver and 1 in the 185. That saved us a fair bit of $$. Also have flown with Tom at Bay Air a few times as well. No complaints there as well. They both fly off of the same pond outside of D-ham. Can't really go wrong with either, but personally I'd pick Rick first. Besides if you have to wait at his dock for weather or whatever there is usually a yellow lab there to play fetch with .

Actually that lab is an equal opportunity fetcher. I've tossed sticks for him at both operations docks.....Tikchik and Bay Air are top notch.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Actually that lab is an equal opportunity fetcher. I've tossed sticks for him at both operations docks.....Tikchik and Bay Air are top notch.
    this made me laugh