Thread: left hand 6.5x55

Default left hand 6.5x55

Requesting suggestions;
    I am trying to acquire a left hand bolt rifle for my hunting buddy who loves the Swede cartridge.
    I have tried to find a Tikka, a Sako and a CZ for him, without luck.
    The one distributor that responded to my email advised me they could send a sako left hand in swede to me in the United States for about 1300.00.
    You have got to be kidding...............
    Any gunsmiths out there that have any suggestions regarding a left handed Savage or Remington or or , and have a barrel installed? Cost and feasability?
    I am hoping to keep the total cost below 600.00,,,, am I dealing with fantasy land or what?
    Thanks,

Default Lh 6.5

Find a long action LH Rem 700 and a cheap barrel. And have it rebarreled.
    It took me a lot of looking to find 2 LH Short action Rem 700,s & they were
    not cheap. Long action Rem. 700 LH are easier to find.

I can certainly speak up for the LH 700 and rebarrels. I've got a rack full of them. But I've also got some LH Savages. Those are next on my list for rebarrels, but I keep shooting them in the original calibers and they're just too darned accurate to switch.

For a while CZ listed on their website that they were going to start turning out LH centerfires on their larger actions, but that verbage has disappeared. I'd jump on one the minute they came out, because my LH CZ American rimfire is without a doubt one of the best rimfires out there. The CZ is winning all kinds of matches, and shooting mine, I can see why.

To answer your post,
    You will be hard pressed to get this done for under $600. If you can find a beater Remington for $400 then a barrel and the gunsmithing will most likely set you back another $300 at least.
    A more realistic amount would be $750 - $850
    Tennessee

Default I have a Remington 700 lefty for sale

If you are looking for a Remington, I have a 700 BDL in 30-06 that I don't use. Drop me a line if interested.

You might just sneak under the wire with a Sav 110 LH and a barrel.

I can not fault you on your choice of the 6.5X55. One of my all time favorites.

I don't know of a better cartridge in this world for match work or hunting.

I would haunt the hock shops and the gunshows looking for a lefty Savage. You'll get one cheaper than you will a lefty Remington.