Thread: cold weather clothes?

Default cold weather clothes?

If money was no object, what do you guys recommend to keep warm. Mostly I'm interested in boots and outerwear and long underwear, but any tips would be appreciated. I get cold easy, but you've got to be out there to get em. Thanks

Default clothing

Just to be clear, are we talking about hunting clothing or just general cold weather clothing?
    For hunting, I wear polypropylene long johns and wool. Layers are key. Check out Bemidji Woolen Mills (google them) for great wool stuff. Similar to Filson or Woolrich, but prices are a little lower.

Default UU

I just got done testing out the underarmour in the heavy weight and it worked out beautifully.

Default Filson

Hi,

I got my first Filson double mac jacket a few years ago. Matching elmer fudd hat and all. It by far to me is the warmest I have ever owned. I do not like shelter cloth, it doesn't breath well. Under the jacket I use my duofold long under sets (tops/bottoms). A pair of old wool pants. I woolrich jac shirt on top. If you are not outside in 10 degree weather you will melt.....

Just my 2 cents.

Ron

Default warmth

again, has anyone tried the thermologic gear? would like any comments... seems like a good idea...
    <*)))><

Hi Fishgirl, I looked at the thermalogic, and it does seem like a good idea. I've also been looking into the "heater body suit" and can't get anybody to say a bad word about it. I have worn King of the mountain bibs and jacket with ulfrotte long undies, which is an expensive combo and often called the best, on several occasions in about 5-15 degrees with wind and precipitation. While I didn't freeze and wasn't actually miserable, I still wasn't comfortable. I like to climb in a tree around nov 1, and not come down until the rut is over. What is the answer??

http://www.akgear.com/
    Apocalypse Design would be your best bet on cold weather gear.
    Expensive. Spendy. Worth it.
    Lurker.

Anyone hunt with the Sitka gear? Especially the 90% pants and jacket?