Thread: 7.62X54R brass?

Default 7.62X54R brass?

Oldest son gives me a call this afternoon, his neighbor is moving, selling off a '95 Winchester musket chambered to 7.62X54R. Decent bore, wood and finish is 'behind the pickup seat' beat...might come home if the price is right.
    Before I jump into this thing with both feet, figured I might ask if there's any affordable, reloadable, boxer primed brass available for one of these things. Not sure at the moment what the bore diameter is, but being a Winchester, I'd guess that it's closer to .310 than .312....bullets are easy compared to brass, I figure.
    Anyone playing with this round in a Winchester?

I think Century Arms had some a while back; not sure if current. Good luck. Interesting. Did not know M95 came in that flavor. J.

Default 7.62x54r

I think both Graf and Midway currently have some. Graf has Lapua and PRVI... don't know if the PRVI is Boxer type. Midway has Norma but it is a little steep.

Why don't you just buy some Winchester white box ammo? This stuff is imported, but made to Winchester specs. Good brass, compleatly reloadable. Fairly cheap.

Default m95

I can save you some money on the brass, I'd buy the M95...my son has been looking for one and he has a birthday close aboard...

Otherwise, I bought some wolf gold ammo, S&B, and some W/W, all was good.

The Graf brass is OK, as is the Norma and Lapua...I like it all. Lapua seems about the best for my needs.

Actually the Wolfe steel case 200 gr bullets is a bargain. Hard to find 200 grain bullets alone for the price of the loaded ammo. They are .310 diam.
    Non reloadable, but a bargain nevertheless.

Thanks!

Default Midwayusa

I got some from www.midwayusa.com a few years ago. New and good quality.