Thread: CZ-USA... Any good?

Default CZ-USA... Any good?

I am trying to find a 458 win mag and have been checking out most of the gun shops in town for one and it seems the only "new" guns available are CZ-USA's. Most of the dealers say they are not a bad gun for the price.

I have been a die hard Remington fan now for about 35 years and while I agree they "don't make them like they use to" I think no one really does anymore, I do think Remington 700's are a nice gun. At least all the ones I own do well for me.

Anyway, anyone want to share their opinion on CZ-USA besides they have a pretty girl as there CEO... Thanks, Tony.

I've got their left-handed 22 rimfire American model. It beats the stuffings out of any other rimfire I've owned, both for looks and for accuracy. Lots of other folks I know are shooting their 22's and are having the same experience. We're talking match-winning accuracy alongside any other hunting-weight rimfire you can name.

Based on that, I'm really optimistic about their centerfires. I've been a longtime user of Remington 700's due to their lefty action, but I'm dropping them in a heartbeat once CZ starts producing lefty centerfires. No problem with the Remingtons, except they've offered the same old, same old calibers in their lefty rifles for the last 30+ years (just like all the other manufacturers), and any time I've wanted a different caliber I've had to pay for a rebarrel. If CZ turns out their lefties in some of the same calibers they do the righties, I'm gone from the Remington stable.

I have CZ's in both .22 rim fire and .22 hornet. I really like them. They shoot well and look good. The one thing I do not like is the safety. When on safe the bolt locks. I understand this is a common feature with European guns. By the way mine are not the american models but have the European hog back stock.

Default 375

I have a CZ in 375 H&H. It shoots much better than my Weatherby in same cal.

Default Crustyjohn

Guns68, I'm aware of the trend towards safety's that don't lock the bolt and it's nice to be able to unload the rifle without taking the safety off however if you're ever gone through the heavy woods and found your bolt hanging open you may gain an appreciation for safety's that lock the bolt. I'm rather fond of 3 position safety's myself. That said I'm also rather fond of my 527.

I have a couple of the LH .22's and they are very nice. Probably the best value out there for anyone looking for a high quality full size .22 rifle. They are not as nice as the Kimbers, but they are also less than 1/2 the price.
    Thumbs up. I wish they would get off there dead arse and start making some of there centerfires left handed as well.
    Tennessee