Thread: Rifle Stocks

Default Rifle Stocks

You guys seems to know alot about rifle and accuracy. Any thoughts on pillar bedding a synthetic rifle stocks? Does it do anything to help or just a line of @#@$%

Quote Originally Posted by lovefishing1965 View Post
    You guys seems to know alot about rifle and accuracy. Any thoughts on pillar bedding a synthetic rifle stocks? Does it do anything to help or just a line of @#@$%
    If it is a tupper ware type of stock for get it. Just by an HS, McMillian or B&C metalist stock that you drop your rifle in and you get the best for accuracy. Of course other guys have played around with stuff and come up with other solutions. But I do not have time for that so I bought a B&C metalist stock.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Default stocks

The rifle stock I have is the one that comes on Brownings rifles.

Well then it is a polymer type stock and I have an A-bolt staker and I don't think it is the best stock that could be on my A-bolt but that would be up to you. I would change it and you will see better accuracy that in some case with browing rifles by as much as 50% shrinkage of your groups. Once again, a McMillian (very high price) or an HS-Pricision or a Bell & Carlson but make sure they are the Metalist type and you will have a great stock and a better shooting rifle.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

It could help the acurracy. Pillar bedding the stock is mainly done to insure the screws holding the action in place do not crush the fibers in the stock which then allow the action to shift.
    If you notice your stock is "soft" around the area the action screw holes then it might be worth a shot to do.
    On wood stocks I always pillar bed as the wood fibers collaspe over time. You will probably only notice a difference in acurracy if your stock was bad in the first place.
    Tennessee