Thread: Model 700 SPS 300 Win Mag

Default Model 700 SPS 300 Win Mag

I have just bought a Model 700 SPS in 300 Win Mag, does anyone have any experience with the accuracy of this Model?? I was on a tight budget and could NOT afford a higher end Remington. Incidentally, I have put a Bushnell Elite 4200 and Leupold rings...any thoughts on what to expect for group sizes??? Should be 1"-1 1/2"???

thanks
    Boomer.

My dad has it in a 7mm Mag. and it does good enough to drop a moose at 150yards so far. If you can hit a 12"x12" target at 100 yards then it will drop what you are shooting with it like a moose/bear.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Default model 700SPS

Thanks for the reply......hopefully a 12x12 pie plate can be bettered...lol....., thanks....

Boomer

my buddy had one that shot pretty good with 180gr core-lokts. I would to under an inch regularly.

I have the same rifle. Out of the box with my handloads it was shooting MOA or better. Sub-MOA using 168 TSX. I have taken some 400+ shots with it deer hunting and been very pleased.

Thumbs up Remington SPS Model 700 / 300 Win Mag

Thanks..........
    Had it out today for first shooting..after some initial sighting glitches was shooting nicely..touching bullet holes at 100 yds. with 175 Winchester factory ammo........will look for some dies and some sage advice when i go to handloads...
    Thanks again,
    Boomer.

Boomer, how do you like your bushnell riflescope on your 300 WinMag? It has only 3'' of eye relief which isn't that great on a hard kicking rifle.

I do also have a stainless 700 SPS 300WinMag with a Bushnell scope and time to time my nose gets a magnum kiss.

My groups are around 1-1.5'', would probably be better with a different riflescope with a little more eye relief.

Quote Originally Posted by MattX View Post
    Boomer, how do you like your bushnell riflescope on your 300 WinMag? It has only 3'' of eye relief which isn't that great on a hard kicking rifle.

I do also have a stainless 700 SPS 300WinMag with a Bushnell scope and time to time my nose gets a magnum kiss.

My groups are around 1-1.5'', would probably be better with a different riflescope with a little more eye relief.
    Leupold will solve that problem.