Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if you only had 250.00 dollars what scope?

Question if you only had 250.00 dollars what scope?

if you only had 250.00 dollars to spend on a scope rifle will probly be a 30/06 that you will mainly use for moose and caribou what kind and what powre do you do you recomend ? thanks

Default Burris Fullfield...

I put one of these on a 300 Wby a few years ago and was amazed what a nice scope it was. Lifetime warranty from Burris. A very good company with excellent customer service. I own 3 of their scopes and would buy another in a heartbeat. Put one of their Black Diamond on a Armalite 50 bmg last year. Super scope!! midwayusa.com has them on sale often, as does Cabelas. Alot of scope for the money. And a company that stands behind their product in a world where many dont.

Default Burris...

Here is a model with the illuminated electro-dot. I have a signature series with this feature and love it. Had it on a 300 Wby for 6 years. Incredible scope. It is in the price range you are looking at as well. Many other models (around 15) in that price range on midwayusa.com as well. Here is a link to the particular model I saw. http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...448&t=11082005

Get a Leupold Vari-X II 3-9x off of eBay. I bought one that was basically brand new on here for $200, so I'm sure you could find a similar deal on eBay if you're patient.

Default Scope

Agree with Brian, but add $50 and get a new one from Cabela's for $299.
    VII 3x9x40
    Just put one on my Wife's new custom 280

Randy

Agree 100% leupold's customer service is 2nd to none

Default s2 sightron 3X9X42

This is a very decent and dependable scope for about $220.

Sincerely,

Thomas

I would save another $50 and buy a used Leupold 2.5 x 8 VX III
    Tennessee

Thumbs up Nikon

I would look for a Nikon Monarch UCC 3x9x40. You should be able to find one for about 275. I like mine more than my Lupy 3x9x40.

Drew

Leupold 3-9x40.

Thumbs up ditto

I Agree, Drew. I like the lupys also, I have two in 3X9X40, but my Nikon Monarch UCC (same power) is a much better scope side by side. I paid $265 for mine. Clearer glass that the lupy and easier to use and sight in. Tough to beat either, but the Nikon gets the nod for better quality.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    I would look for a Nikon Monarch UCC 3x9x40. You should be able to find one for about 275. I like mine more than my Lupy 3x9x40.

Drew

I own S&B, Leupolds, Zeiss and the best scopes made that I know of is the Sightron. Ever scope mentioned has the same problem with the erector tube adjustments except one and that is Sightron. I have more Leupolds go south on me than any other scope because of the trouble with erector tube adjustment, the only cure is to get them worked over by Tucker.

The S&B has the best glass and nobody comes close to them, unless you got 2 grand to plop down for a scope, forget it.

I've got a Leupold LPS that does not hold a candle to the Sightrons, that scope was right at 1200 bucks.

You can shop around on the net and get a Sightron for the kind of money you want to spend, and you won't do any better at many times the price.

This from a former Leupold only fan!

http://www.sightron.com/index.php?ac..._id=1044399343

Thumbs up Leupold VX-II 3-9x40

I agree with the Leupold fans out there. I've got nothing but good to say about any Leupold I've ever owned. If there has ever been even a shadow of doubt about a Leupold rifle scope, the company has stood behind it 100% and in my opinion gone above and beyond what I've gotten from any other company.

Check out Burris scopes.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

3-9x40 4200's can be had for 250.00 on the net.......that is where my money would go.

Wink

Leupold M8 4x, or the newer Fx 4x scopes.
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

Default Love my Nikon

I now use on Nikon rifle scopes, Leupold have great customer service, but I prefer not to need customer service so I switched. Just my opinion, but leupold's of today are not what they use to be.

Terry

I shoot a Burris Ballistic Plex. I also was a huge leupold fan until I purchased by Burris Signature bino's. Then started looking at their rifle scopes. Great clarity for the $$$. My boys have Nikons on their 7mm-08's and I really like the clairity on those also. Here is a link for type scope I use. Check it out. What Cal. are you putting it on?

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...680&t=11082005

Thumbs up Grand Slam

CDNN sports has the Weaver 3x10x40 Grand Slam scopes for $199 (I could not find this Scope anywhere else for under $350) Try:
    http://www.cdnninvestments.com/
    Looking at a ratings scale here:
    http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_post...452&PN=1&TPN=1

This scope would be a great deal.

2007 Riflescope Rating Scale

10 - Swarovski Z6, Zeiss Victory

9 - Kahles C - CL & CSX, Schmidt & Bender

8 - Kahles KX, U.S. Optics, Swarovski PH & American, X.O.T.I.C., Zeiss Classic

7 - Leupold VX-7, Nightforce, IOR Valdada

6 - Bushnell Elite 4200, Nikon Monarch, Zeiss Conquest

5 - Leupold Mark 4 VX III & VX-L

4 - Burris Black Diamond Signature Select XTR & Euro Diamond, Meopta, Pentax Lightseeker, Sighton, Super Sniper, Trijicon, Weaver Grand Slam

3 - Bushnell Elite 3200, Leupold VX-II

2 - Burris Fullfield II, Leupold Rifleman & VX-I, Millet, Mueller, Nikon Buckmaster, Simmons

1 - ATN, Barska, Leatherwood, Swift, Tasco

0 - BSA, Leapers, NcStar
    Frank
    Alaska Wildrose Charters and Cabins
    www.wildroselodge.com

Default None

I would spend less on the rifle and upgrade to at minimum a Leupold VXIII in whatever power range you prefer. A decent rifle with a good scope is a heck of a lot better than an excellent rifle with a crappy scope!!!
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast