Thread: 257-300WBY Bell & Carlson Metalist stock is here

Default 257-300WBY Bell & Carlson Metalist stock is here

Well my Bell and Carlson metalist stock has arrived and I really like it. The smith working on my 257-300WBY says that I should have the recambered 257WBY to 257-300 in a couple of weeks and all I will have to do is drop it in the stock and start developing my loads. Here are some pictures of the B&C Stock that will work great for Arizona and Mississippi woods that I will hunt the rest of this year.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Well, I got word from Denver that the Gunsmith is through with the reaming and testing of the new chambering from 257WBY to 25-300WBY. The rifle is being sent now to Wyoming where the Bell and Carlson Metalist stock will be bedded, and the new Zeiss 4.5-14x44mm will be put on it with Talley rings and bases and the triger job done. Also will tweak the feeding of rounds. I should get it the first or second week in December. Sure would be nice so I could develope a load quick and hunt at least a little with it the end of our hunting season in South Miss. To form cases for it I take a 300WBY case and full size it in a 300WBY die, then take it and put it through a 270WBY full size die and then I put it through a 257WBY full size die and here is the results. Ain't she pretty???

Here is the scope I will be putting on it.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

That's a nice scope. I used to have one on a Win. Model 70 270 WSM.

Where at in South MS? I am from MS and will be going home in Dec-Jan to see my son. Plus do a little deer hunting myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 450HUNTER View Post
    Where at in South MS? I am from MS and will be going home in Dec-Jan to see my son. Plus do a little deer hunting myself.
    Picayune, MS to Lumbeton is where I hunt. Picayune is 55 miles south of Hattiesburg, MS on I-59 and Lumberton is about 20 miles south of Hattiesburg on I-59. I hunt 5,500 acres of land south of Lumberton and north of Poplarville.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

I am from Yazoo,MS. I have family in Hattisburg and Wesson. I will do a little hunting in Wesson on my sisters land but it doesn't seem to be alot of deer around their.

I am from Yazoo,MS. I have family in Hattisburg and Wesson. I will do a little hunting in Wesson on my sisters land but it doesn't seem to be alot of deer around their.
    Of all the years of hunting, I have never had white tail hunting as tough as in south MS. There are a lot of deer but the pressure and weather have made them nocturnal in their habits. There are not as many as there are up around Yazoo, Vicksburg, and the delta. If a man averages one buck and one doe a year he can count himself a fair hunter in South Ms.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

I will be hunting the hills around Yazoo and Warren County mostly but will make a trip or two to the Delta woods. I want to get a couple black squirrels from the delta woods to mount.

I will be hunting the hills around Yazoo and Warren County mostly but will make a trip or two to the Delta woods. I want to get a couple black squirrels from the delta woods to mount.
    Yep, I will never forget the first time I saw one when I was hunting squirrels around Rolling Fork in 1988. They are beautiful, you brought back some memories. Let me know when you are there and I will come up and go squirrel hunting and maybe some deer hunting with you if the deer hunting is on public land. Just a thought. Thanks for the conversation 450hunter.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Beartooth, your enthusiasm for this new cartridge/rifle is surely entertaining. I suspect that your new rig will be everything that you have hoped it will be. Good luck with it, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Beartooth, your enthusiasm for this new cartridge/rifle is surely entertaining. I suspect that your new rig will be everything that you have hoped it will be. Good luck with it, sir.
    Thanks Doc, it will be fun and I find anything with shooting, hunting, reloading and rifle building a lot of fun. It is a lot of fun especially when I hit the field with it to see what it will do on game and how it impacts my hunting techinques and limits.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS