Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atv snowplows

Default Atv snowplows

Do you guys prefer Cycle Country or Warn snowplows for your atv and why?

Thanks,

Jason

I prefer Moose plows because I got a killer deal on it and they are simple to install.

Whichever one you get don't get the 48", get the 60". Even with the 60" it takes A LOT OF TIME to move snow with an atv. The amount of snow that can be moved with a truck and plow in twenty minutes will take 6 hours on an atv

I've got the 50" plow and my driveway is fairly long, it takes about 20 minutes to clear it after a good snowfall.

Default Mine

My driveway is 100 yards and we get 300 to 800 inches a year. Should I get a 48" or the bigger 60".

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

I'd stay with the 966 and 120" blade if I were you.

Default Got the warn

I bought the 54" warn plow package today for my 05 Rancher 350. I used it tonight and it seems to work very well. I pushed about 8" of snow here in Fbks with no problem. I didn't go with the 60" plow because I have a small machine and didn't want to work it too hard or be undergunned. I was told 300 cc machines can work 60" plows with the light interior snow but I guess I compromised with the 54". I think it will be fine.

I also installed a warn 2,500 lb winch today. Still have the stock tires and may run them for winter plowing. Figure I should make sure I like the 350 Rancher before I invest anymore $$ into the machine. I could foresee getting a Foreman 450 or 500 if this machine seems to small. Well see......

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    I prefer Moose plows because I got a killer deal on it and they are simple to install.
    I compared the quality and bought the Moose also. Much more meaty than the cycle country brand.

Default Moose 55"

..used on a 300 Fourtrax Honda works very well.

Add some custom side plates (3/16 steel with welded bolt ons) and a nice 4" flap of heavy rubber over the top.

I have a plow,,think its around 48", came off a Polaris. Anyone want it come and get it .FREE FREE FREE......Ex. shape. Includes everything except where it mounts under the machine.

Who sells atv plows in the valley? I've been thinking of just goin to Arctic Cat, since thats the wheeler I have, but it would be nice to shop around.

Default danthedewman1

Please call me at 322-0497 or e-mail jeffbeast@gci.net thanks

Default Plow

Plow still available?

I sent you a PM

I have owned both Cycle Country and Warn plows. You cannot hardly tell the difference between the two so I would go with the one you can get the best deal on. Don't go smaller than 60". I have owned a 54" and the 60" is much better. If the snow is too deep to push the 60" then just take a half a pass rather than a full load. I currently have a 60" and would rather have a 72".

The amount of snow that can be moved with a truck and plow in twenty minutes will take 6 hours on an ATV
    That all depends on what you are doing. I have a 90"' plow on a 3/4 Ford and a 60" plow on a Rubicon. I can plow my driveway in about 20 minutes with the ATV. I can plow the driveway in about 10 minutes with the Ford but then have to spend another 30 minutes cleaning up the tight spots with a shovel. To clear a parking lot a ATV would be worthless, to clean a sidewalk a truck plow would be worthless. For the typical homeowner with a narrow driveway you cannot beat a ATV plow as there is just not room to maneuver a truck plow.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    My driveway is 100 yards and we get 300 to 800 inches a year. Should I get a 48" or the bigger 60".
    I always wonder how you Valdez folks do it.

You have to use blowers, right?

Default Plow

I ordered a Warn plow from Cabellas, with shipping it was still $70 less than any dealer in the valley and it was delivered to my door step.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumm View Post
    I have owned both Cycle Country and Warn plows. You cannot hardly tell the difference between the two so I would go with the one you can get the best deal on. Don't go smaller than 60". I have owned a 54" and the 60" is much better. If the snow is too deep to push the 60" then just take a half a pass rather than a full load. I currently have a 60" and would rather have a 72".

That all depends on what you are doing. I have a 90"' plow on a 3/4 Ford and a 60" plow on a Rubicon. I can plow my driveway in about 20 minutes with the ATV. I can plow the driveway in about 10 minutes with the Ford but then have to spend another 30 minutes cleaning up the tight spots with a shovel. To clear a parking lot a ATV would be worthless, to clean a sidewalk a truck plow would be worthless. For the typical homeowner with a narrow driveway you cannot beat a ATV plow as there is just not room to maneuver a truck plow.
    Well at least you know a 60" is better than a 54" or 48"
    If you have a simple driveway yes a 48" is plenty. My driveway is up hill and I have a large parking area. I also push all the snow in my yard over the hill to get at toys and wood piles. I don't go out and plow unless there's over a foot of snow. 5 hours or so to do what I could in a truck in 20 minutes. But I got the time and it's kinda fun to do on the atv. Anybody thinks they can do it faster with a 48" plow on their atv I'll gladly let them try.

With a 48" plow I imagine it would take 5 hours instead of 20 minutes. Not sure why they even make 48" plows. If you angle a 48" blade the 4-wheeler has to drive in fresh snow. Get a 60" plow and you will cut your time in half.

my 2 cents worth...if you own an arctic cat get their plow and frame. our rule when I was a mechanic for a dealer was 500cc or biger go with a 60" plow..smaller go with a 50" plow. I ride a 400 with the 50 and no I do not drive on feash snow on an angle. also I plow a 10 acre parking area here and lat yr it did tak me 2 hrs to do so..however I do not have a big truck with a plow availavble to me. My driveway is 400 ft long and my yard is 200 x 400" a t truck cannot run with me due to him having to go forward and reverse all the tim I just run a circle. Just my opinion..
    merle

You have a 350, right? Then go with the 48 or 50 inch plow. You will find that the snow in Valdizzy can get too heavy for a larger plow on a smaller machine. I had my 48" plow on my 6x6 and find times when it would not push a full row. I also recomend getting the side wings that holds the snow in. It save me a lot of time. I pushed snow down there for three winters. I actuall kind of miss it.
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast