Thread: mountain bike lights

Thumbs up mountain bike lights

For those of you interested in lighting for your adventures, Google ----mountain bike lights ------and link to your hearts content.

The mountain bike industry has the best and latest in lighting tech, with lots of companies competing.

Eight years ago, I had Turbocat Lighting Systems adapt their very bright light for my use ...for dog mushing, Iditarod, winter in the woods, etc. They are still great lights. The new LED technologies, though, are much brighter than what we are commonly offered. And you can get H.I.D. systems. See what you think.

Default mt bike lights for hunt, mush, fish, etc.

Check out the bike lights at...
    http://www.mtbr.com/spotlight/lightshootout/

There are mt bike light for use on your head that are superior to our normal outdoor offerings. They're bright. What do any of you think.

Default Light and Motion...

mtbr.com is the definitive source for mtn bike info. Great website for sure. I recently got some Light and Motion ARC Nimh lights for my wife and I. I got them for around $340 (best price I could find). Incredible lights. They have a HID bulb and put out more light than I would have thought possible. And it goes a long way in front of you and is very wide as well. Even lighting, no dark perimeters and such. Very even, bright lighting. We were on a bike path here on Nantucket,Mass (where we are working a travel nurse contract) and the cop rode by us and beamed us with his side light. I think he thought someone had a moped/dirt bike on the bike path. We had 2 cars flick their high beams at us. We adjusted our lights downward a bit, assuming that it was shinning in their eyes as they passed. The battery pack (small) straps easily to the frame in a well designed way and last 3.5 hours on high. That is more light than most would need I think. It comes with a smart charger that charges a fully drained battery in 2 hours and then cuts off. The light can be mounted to a bike helmet or the handlebar. An accessory head band is available for other uses. Like hiking, hunting, fishing, kayaking, etc... Anyone serious about bike lights would do well checking these out.

Default really bright lights

I've been using a 15w 7.2v Turbocat headlamp with both NiMH and Nicad batteries for eight years, not for a mt bike, but for dogmushing and sundry winter chores. Good light is addicting. I have mounted a 15w/25w 13.2v two head system on the handle bars of my dogsleds. good light.

NightHawk offers a headlamp system that uses what they call Emitter technology that may useful for normal outdoor use...appears to be a super LED and can produce good run times using multiple AA batteries. Thats the trick for these specialized lights....they have to be usable with replacable batteries to be of value on a trip, a hunt, or camping.