Thread: BowTech 2008

Default BowTech 2008

The BowTech website is back online, after a day of making changes. You can now see their 2008 lineup. It looks like they have some new bows with impressive stats, but pretty spendy. Use this thread to comment on your thoughts about their new bows, diamond included.

After a 13 year hiatus from bow hunting (I didn't bring my bow with when I moved to Alaska in 1995), I'm getting excited to get back in the sport. I did a lot of internet research on bow companies and their bows and I think I like BowTech the best. That's before getting a chance to shoot any however. I did shoot a couple Mathew's and was very impressed on how nice they shot. Bows have come a long way since I bought my last one (mid range Jennings in 1993).

Anyway, take a look at the new BowTech site, and if you can figure out how to navigate it and see the new bows, feel free to comment. Just discuss BowTech however, don't need to say "mathew's is better". It would be great if someone started another thread about their 2008 lineup also when available, or PSE, or Hoyt etc.

Default New

I just bought a new 2006 BowTech Constitution for $227 on EBay.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Looks like a lot of hype. I'll stick with my Bowtech Constitution, also from 2006.

Any input on an 07 tomkat? ive spent a few days shopping around and shot a few bows lately, the tomkat seems to work real nice for me.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default tomkat

TWB,
    I bought a diamond rapture about 2 months ago, and i absolutely love it. Just before i bought my bow, one of my friends bought a tomkat. I shot his a few times, and it was okay, but i am much happier with the Rapture. The biggest selling point to me was that the Tomkat only comes as a package, and the sight and rest included are not of the best quality. My buddy has already replaced the sight, rest, and quiver on his tomkat. With the diamond, you can choose between buying the bare bow, or you can get as a package. There is about a 100 dollar difference between the bare Rapture and the Tomkat package, so i put that 100 bucks towards a better sight and rest.

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by JustinW View Post
    Looks like a lot of hype. I'll stick with my Bowtech Constitution, also from 2006.
    I can't disagree. It looks like the marketing department has been working over time.

Dave - good buy on EBay. I've seen some new bows on there and have thought about giving it a try. I'm just scared that if I sign up for an EBay account I'll go broke in no time.

Default Good buy for me, bad sell for ...

There are some tricks to EBay. Like making sure that shipping to Alaska is not extra. Making sure it says shipping to continental USA. Many people think AK is Arkansas. Items that do not have a reserve. Searching for items that have been misspelled and or wrongly-listed.
    Being in Alaska and having the item auction end at 9 PM or so helps too as Easterners usually aren't up. Checking prices of the items in catalogs like Cabela's as some people run the price up over what you could buy it new.

Yep, good for me but not so good for him.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Another question for BowTech owners:

Do you prefer the speed or smooth mod? Do you feel the easier draw is worth the loss of 10 fps? After pulling both back, I think it is.

you know 10 fps is almost indecipherable when you think about it. i mean how much slower it is to be 300 rather than 310? I'm willing to bet your eyes can't tell the difference, and the critters aren't going to care about 10 fps when they are dying anyway. If that 10fps helps in aiding you to get a more steady sight picture or hold your draw for longer, then there is not question as to whether or not it that loss is worth it. And as far as Bowtech goes, I was just getting into the sport and had to find something that I liked that was easy on the pockets. I ended up buying a Diamond Justice. I like it just fine for now but I'm know that I'm going to end up upgrading in the future. I'm thinking the Black Ice or the Marquis.

I agree! My Lx is doing 271 and thats fine by me .It can do 305 with ease.But why push it.Targets get a hole in it and deer die at 271 just as easily .