Thread: Where to go sledding around Fbks

Default Where to go sledding around Fbks

I just bought two older Ski-Doo's and I've got them tuned up and running. Where can a newbie snow machiner go with a couple of kids (11 & 14) to get use to sledding. I don't want anything intimidating or get in anyone's way. I got a package deal, two sleds on a pretty good trailer, so I'm fairly mobile. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Default Places to go

Once the Chena Flood Control Plain opens up I think sometime in November, I am not sure of the date. Its wide open with many trail options that would not be to rough on your kids. The other place is the White Mountains. Go to the BLM website and you can print off the trail maps. Have fun.

Ron

i 2nd the flood plains is your best bet lots of open flat space and nobodey around and its right down the street from you i live right beside it so if you want to go give me a yell

Sounds great. Right now I'm trying to figure out why my Tundra is fouling plugs. That's me with the "fouled plugs" thread. A buddy of mine has a Tundra just like mine and he's telling me to stay away from the primer once it's been started for the day. He's probably right ...operator error. Still though, I'd like to ride around the house before I load up and go anywhere. BTW my buddy lives near the flood control area too, off Noatak in North Pole.

Wish I could help you on your fouled plugs but no naddaa on Ski-Doos.
    Totally off the subject what is with that road they built off the Rich down to the Chena Flood Control???

Hope you have fun with your kids this winter, it's the best family sport IMO.

Stay safe and have fun