Thread: Renting a Pack Raft

Default Renting a Pack Raft

Where is a good place to rent a pack raft
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Default Couple of Choice

Quote Originally Posted by wildog
    Where is a good place to rent a pack raft
    By Pack Raft I am under the assomption your talking about something that can be flown in to a remote location:

Choices: Alaska Raft & Kayak - NRS / AIRE
    Blue Moose Rafting - NRS/ Star / AIRE
    Northwest Outfitters NRS I think AIRE
    Pristine Ventures - SOAR, AIRE
    Test the Waters - SOAR, Meravia

Pricing is just about the same any place you rent. If your renting your looking ofr the support package that comes along with your rental as well as additional gear that might be used such as dry bags, Coolers, etc....

Best of luck.

Default Pack Raft

Actually, It's One That You Can Pack On Your Back. We're Doing A One Day 26 Mile Hike, But If You Have A Pack Raft The Last 10 Miles Is Floating In The Sun Instead Of Hacking Through The Brush.

Default Alpacka Rafts

You might be thinking of the Alpacka Rafts. You might give them a shout, but I don't know if they rent them out or not. They're a fragile little boat in my view; I don't know exactly what you have in mind...

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Crow Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan
    You might be thinking of the Alpacka Rafts. You might give them a shout, but I don't know if they rent them out or not. They're a fragile little boat in my view; I don't know exactly what you have in mind...

-Mike
    Michael, it's Crow Pass from Gridwood side, the group from work has planned it for August 5th. An experienced biker/hiker in the group has used the "pack raft" he has described on this trip, I have never seen one, but It can't be too tough of a boat I imagine. I don't know how rough Eagle River can be, but he says it makes it a lot more enjoyable trip, and to me it sounds appealing to add a float to the trip. I'll call around this week though.

Smile Looks like you in the picture

Michael, it's Crow Pass from Gridwood side, the group from work has planned it for August 5th. An experienced biker/hiker in the group has used the "pack raft" he has described on this trip, I have never seen one, but It can't be too tough of a boat I imagine. I don't know how rough Eagle River can be, but he says it makes it a lot more enjoyable trip, and to me it sounds appealing to add a float to the trip. I'll call around this week though.
    Michael,
    Looks like your photo in the pack-raft picture!

Default Not me!

Michael,
    Looks like your photo in the pack-raft picture!
    Hmmm... never noticed that before! Nope, not me! I've never been in one, though I have met the owner of the company on several occasions. Nice folks to deal with. I think this is the boat in question though.

Best of luck on the trip!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay