Thread: Defenders of wildlife aerial wolf video

Default Defenders of wildlife aerial wolf video

Just got through watching this video on youtube. I noticed they have some pictures of last years wolf kills. Can they use the pictures with out concent? I know that they were offering 10 grand for a video of a kill last year in the daily liberal news. I know if they got me in their BS video i would be pissed. If anyone knows the pilots in the video i am sure they would like to know!

It's probably that Haber clown.

Default Remember Haber had help

He did not find those F&G snared wolves on his own. He had help in the way of a local 135 operator who is still in business in FAI. Last time I brought this up I used the company name. The moderator pulled it citing the guy could not defend himself. Ok. I let it go.
    There is not a lot Haber can do without help, or PETA for that matter. We just need to share who is helping however we can.

Default it's starting

Yes the last photo is of a wolf taken in the SDA progam last year. The pilot knows his photos are being used, not sure he has the money to fight it.

One thing you guys can do is to join the Alaskans for Professional Wildlife Management - they beat the black bear snaring initiative, and they think they can beat this nov 08 initiative too - with enough support from Alaskans. I don't think they have a new website yet, but I know the main Board members with SCI in Anchorage are working with this group.
    Hunt with your kids, not for your kids

You are allowed to use a picture of anyone in a non commercial or editorial manner in this country without a release.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    You are allowed to use a picture of anyone in a non commercial or editorial manner in this country without a release.
    That may be true criminally.

However, if such use results in damages to someone, civil suit is always an option.........

Maybe, just maybe the government will listen to the voters this time, pretty unlikely I know.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Mark

Maybe, just maybe the government will listen to the voters this time, pretty unlikely I know.
    Maybe, just maybe the government will listen to the biologists this time, pretty unlikely I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Maybe, just maybe the government will listen to the biologists this time, pretty unlikely I know.
    Sad but true. Ironic a college student wanting to be a biologist if I recall correctly thinks that ballot box wildlife management is the way to go?Great idea lets cater to special interest anti groups instead of letting scientists make EDUCATED decisions on what is best for the animals. Oh thats right it's AKPM. Sorry bud but the average joe knows only what CNN and special interest group televised propaganda tell them. Ask 100 people what Al Quida is and where they come from 99 wont know and that is probably the single most televised issue for the last 6 years! They know the latest bad news because that is what is televised and that is it.

Default Governor Palin letter to California Senator Miller

http://www.gov.state.ak.us/pdf/lette...er_9.27.07.pdf

Our Governor is right on track! With state funding to educate the public we will win the vote of the people in 2008 and continue with the predator control program!

Default As it should be

Sure glad she's on our side. Nicely worded and to the point. To bad most people don't have a clue.

Default Maybe I don't Get It

But I think that selling newspapers and advertising space (like youtube) IS classified as commercial use? If an image is being used to sell something, newspapers, magazines, web traffic; doesn't that constitute a release?

I'd like to hear some lawyers' views on this.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32