Thread: Blacktail hunting closes Nov 1st?

Default Blacktail hunting closes Nov 1st?

Is this just a rumor Im hearing? Anyone know of this?

Default Nov. 1

It doesn't close in 1A or POW till 12/31.

kingfisherktn

I've not heard that yet... but ADF&G has the answers. I'll ring them tomorrow.

It really wouldn't hurt my feelings based on what I've seen thus far.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Default Kodiak

It does on the Kodiak road system as it does every year, unless you're hunting with a bow or a muzzleloader.

LungShot - I heard a similar rumor as well today - It seems that this rumor may have originated from over in Hoonah....

Default Please post after you talk to ADFG

That would be really bad for deer hunters around here. With the duck hunting so good lately, I haven't been focusing on deer, hope that wasn't a mistake. Please post on here any intel you can get from ADFG, thanks-

Default Just A Rumor

Just Got Off The Phone With Dave Crowley(biologist), And He Said It Is Going On As Planned. I Don't Think The Winter Kill Is As Bad As A Lot Of People Make It Sound. They Did Find Some Winter Kill On Naked Isle, But Didn't Find Any On Knight Isle. I Think It May Have Been To Big Of A Population To Food Ratio On Some Islands.

I also called Juneau Station ...

The rumor was started or perpetuated by local vendors. At the moment there is no plan to change the regular season unless there is another heavy snowfall.

The biologists are recommending bucks only.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Lets hope they don't close it. I have plans to head out.....
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default wwwoooo

Well I allmost puked. Just paid for ferry tickets on monday. wew I still feel sick. how about you Matt. Let's keep them fingers crossed. Now I have to carry a bucket with me till the end of nov first of dec.For once I will have to say come on DON"T SNOW! that ws strange. kinda put a bad taste in my mouth. Oh never mind. I think that was my lunch

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUCKMAN View Post
    Well I allmost puked. Just paid for ferry tickets on monday. wew I still feel sick. how about you Matt. Let's keep them fingers crossed. Now I have to carry a bucket with me till the end of nov first of dec.For once I will have to say come on DON"T SNOW! that ws strange. kinda put a bad taste in my mouth. Oh never mind. I think that was my lunch
    Agreed. We got deer to kill next month! A brown bear kill on video would be nice . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Agreed. We got deer to kill next month! A brown bear kill on video would be nice . . .
    Good luck on your hunt, and with your video... I'll be waiting anxiously to see your trophies.

Thanks for getting me worked up as well. I have been working on getting a fly in deer hunt set up since moose didn't go my way this year. While I am writing this any one have a recomendation on which rifle I should take? My choices are
    30/30 w/ barnes x and iron sights model 94 wood/blued
    325 WSM with 180 grn w/ 3x9 (stainless/composite)
    7 Mag (not sure what round to use in it) (wood/blued)

I need to decide ASAP so I can get some more range time in to fine tune, I am also considering picking up a mosin nagant with iron sights which might be fun.