Thread: Seaplane propeller needed

Arrow Seaplane propeller needed

I figured this was the best place for this. What I am searching for is a wooden prop from a seaplane (Beaver preferably). This does not have to be air worthy as I want it for a Christmas present for my fiance who is a seaplane pilot ... but has no plane. Finding one that came from Alaska would be even more important in meaning to him. In as good a condition as possible. As I said, it will never fly but one that went through the trees probably would be too busted up to make a nice gift. If anyone knows of one for sale or has one they would like to sell .. or could locate one, please email me at sea.wolf@verizon.net Many heartfelt thanks in advance

Beavers never had a wooden prop.
    They have metal bladed constant speed propellers. 3 or 2 bladed. Any constant speed (varible pitch) propeller will have a rather large and heavy hub in the center which will leak oil. (oil pressure is used to change the blade angle.)

Beaver props cost several thousand dollars, even when in need of an overhaul.

I would suggest a bent prop from a super cub sized aircraft. It will still be almost 7 feet long.

If you don't get any leads here, also check out the super cub . org website.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Smile Ebay

There is a wooden prop on ebay at the moment Item number: 230179793495.
    Might be worth a look

Thanks for the few replies and hints I have had so far. That prop on eBay is really small and I don't think it's a real plane prop. At least not from a larger sized plane. Float Pilot, thank you for the prop info on Beavers. That was something I didn't know .. just that the Beaver is his all time favorite floatplane. I would be looking for an old, wooden prop as I think it's a little prettier (as it will be hanging from the ceiling or on the wall in the house someplace I suppose)

There was one on eBay that I lost out on #170157442360. This is along the lines of what I am looking for and 6 to 7 feet long sounds about right too. I still have till Christmas. And will be looking for one right up untill then. Thanks again for any future help.