Thread: Tikka T3

Default Tikka T3

Anyone out there have any experiance with the Tikka T3? I have the oppertunity to buy a never fired used rifle fairly cheap and have no experiance with this brand.

Tons of stuff in the archives on this. Short version is that most T3 owners would say grab it if it is in a caliber you like. My .300WM is one of my favorites.

I second Dave completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveintheburbs View Post
    Tons of stuff in the archives on this. Short version is that most T3 owners would say grab it if it is in a caliber you like. My .300WM is one of my favorites.
    Jim Creek - Home of the burning car hook cast!

I love mine in .338WM
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

Default Tikka T3

Been shooting a T3 in 300 WSM for a number of years. It's been very accurate and very reliable. Also easier tote around than the Remingtons, Rugers, Winchesters, etc. So far, have not found any faults, except an increase in taxidermy bills.

If you don't buy it let me know. I might be interested in another one in a different caliber. I like mine it's a 300 WSM T3 Lite.

Default I know where you can pick one up for FREE...

I know where you can pick up a Tikka T3 Lite in .300WM, Leupold VX-II, Leupold bases/rings, sling, buttstock bullet holder, Limbsaver recoil pad, custom-loaded ammo, maybe 30 rounds down the tube. Its the stainless steel version and has camo tape on the barrel for better hiding. They actually guarantee that this version will put three shots into <1 inch at 100yards. This thing shot like a champ and its, no BS, free. Nothing. NADA. Just go pick it up.

IceKing02

Quote Originally Posted by IceKing02 View Post
    I know where you can pick up a Tikka T3 Lite in .300WM, Leupold VX-II, Leupold bases/rings, sling, buttstock bullet holder, Limbsaver recoil pad, custom-loaded ammo, maybe 30 rounds down the tube. Its the stainless steel version and has camo tape on the barrel for better hiding. They actually guarantee that this version will put three shots into <1 inch at 100yards. This thing shot like a champ and its, no BS, free. Nothing. NADA. Just go pick it up.

IceKing02
    What body of water is it in?????????????

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the input, sounds like I should grab it before someone else does. I'd love to hear the details about where I can get one for free, the story has to be worht the read.

Default So my buddy and I are just paddling away from shore and...

...in his inflatable canoe there wasn't much room. As such, he put much of his gear in front of him but put his rifle behind him (I was in the front, he was paddling at the stern). About fifteen yards off shore we start to get rocked from side to side by the little rollers on the lake. He hears a splash, the same kind of splash we'd been hearing for over a week when one of the salmon jumps out of the water. He remarks, "Hey, there was a salmon that just jumped next to the boat--uhh, WHERE'S MY TIKKA!!!"

He had D-rings all down the length of the boat but didn't have his gear clipped to the boat in case we capsized. After back a couple of feet to the place where he dropped his rifle he realized that it was in about twelve to sixteen feet of water. We couldn't see it from the boat but, heck, we knew where the splash was at the time...

My huntin' buddy was unwilling to strip down and make a go for his rifle. So, being the gracious friend that I am, I offered to..................let him borrow my backup rifle. It was my opinion that if he weren't willing to jump in after his own rifle that I sure as hell wasn't going to do it for him. Mishaps were one of the reasons that I brought two rifles for the trip to Afognak. To add insult to injury: While we were weathered into our cabin for the next five days a VERY large tree was blown down, completely covering the spot into which his rifle fell. That poor SOB couldn't catch a break in a bucket!

Cheers!

IceKing02

PS...lemme know if you're still interested in this "FREE!" Tikka Lite....in 300 Win Mag...hee, hee