Thread: Ballistics chart

Default Ballistics chart

My dad is looking for an old ballistics chart that used to be on the back of Winchester brochures and I told him I would post his question to some experts and maybe they could give him some ideas:

"I am looking for the chart that has been attached to Winchester and Remington brochures for many years. They give the following information: Muzzle energy, muzzle speed of bullet, energy at 100, 200 300 & 400 yards; speed of bullet in feet per second at 100, 200, 300 & 400 yards. Maybe these charts are still on the back of brochures; I do not have access to a sporting goods store in Coos or Curry County."

Apparently the charts I linked him to online did not have the information he was looking for. If anyone has an idea about this maybe you can point me in the right direction. Thank you.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

You can go here and make your own chart...

http://www.hornady.com/ballistics/ba...calculator.php

Quote Originally Posted by wildog View Post
    My dad is looking for an old ballistics chart that used to be on the back of Winchester brochures and I told him I would post his question to some experts and maybe they could give him some ideas:

"I am looking for the chart that has been attached to Winchester and Remington brochures for many years. They give the following information: Muzzle energy, muzzle speed of bullet, energy at 100, 200 300 & 400 yards; speed of bullet in feet per second at 100, 200, 300 & 400 yards. Maybe these charts are still on the back of brochures; I do not have access to a sporting goods store in Coos or Curry County."

Apparently the charts I linked him to online did not have the information he was looking for. If anyone has an idea about this maybe you can point me in the right direction. Thank you.
    Look for Petersen's Rifle Shooter Annual, or Guns & Ammo Annual at the magazine stand in Fred Mayer. It's a thick and expensive gun magazine. Look in the back pages of those magazines, and you will see the ballistics of factory ammo for most cartridges from handguns to rifles. Maybe that's what yo are looking for? The ballistics cover from the muzzle to 500 yards; velocity, foot-pound, sight-in, and bullet trajectory.

Most ammo Factories also provide such tables. For example, Federal has the following tables for their ammo:
    http://www.federalpremium.com/ballis...firearm=1&s1=1