Thread: bow/rifle case

Default bow/rifle case

Been trying to find a solid travel case to that will hold my Mathews Switchback XT and Savage 99 rifle at the same time. Am heading back east in a month or so for the last week of bow & first week of rifle for deer in NY. Savage is ~43" long. Any suggestions ? Thanks guys.

Try cabelas. I bought a gun/bow case.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default SKB

I bought an SKB double bow case/bow & rifle case this year for a hunt. The case is the rectangular with a lot of room. The inside length dimension is 42" on the inside of the foam padding. The case is 43-1/2" to the hard case on the inside. There's a lot of room inside this case, and on hunts where you are only taking a bow or a gun, you can fill the case with clothes along with valuable/fragile items right up to the airline's 50lb weight limit. The other nice thing is SKB gives a $1500 coverage on items inside the case for as long as you own it. Case also has TSA locks built into two of the four latches. Case is very solid, has two wheels for pulling it around, and a handle for carrying it like a case and another on the end for pulling it along in the airport.

Thumbs up Second the SKB recommendation

I bought the rectangular SKB bow/gun case for travel. I've fit my bow, .270 rifle, .50 muzzleloader, and .44 pistol all in the case with no problems. When I travel, although I lock the case, I also put a some gaffer tape (cloth, reusable - duct tape works but leaves glue residue) over the locks to keep them from popping open - this sometimes happens when the ramp workers toss...I mean, load and unload baggage.
    I highly recommend this case.

Thanks guys.

I bought a cabelas alum bow/2gun case and it is great!!!! you dont have to tape it up,and you can fit 2doz arrows and 2 rifles and 2 pistols.Once you lock it your good to go.

Default how much $$

how much did you guys pay for the skb double bow case? I have the same rectangle case for sale on the swap thread.

forty below

Wink I like my....

Cabelas case but I'm buying an SKB as well. The SKB double bow case is shorter, the same weight and seems more durable. I haven't heard any negative comments about them.

I think I paid $229 at Fletchers and had them ship it to Kodiak. It can be found for less on the internet, but shipping would increase the price a lot.

Worked great on a trip to Idaho when I filled that sucker up so it weighed about 47lbs. If pressed, I think I could actually fit all my hunting gear and most of my clothes for a remote hunt into the case, except boots.

Default Hard case for golf clubs

I have an SKB double and it is excellent. That being said, many travelling hunters have begun using golf club luggage. Anti's working in the airports have a propensity for losing containers that appear to contain firearms or archery equipment. Especially if the containers are bound for say Africa or Alaska. Many airlines allow a larger dimension and 70# for golf club luggage. Just stick a putter in your luggage piece. Something to think about. Buddy of mine spent 2 weeks in Africa without his archery equipment, British Air was the airline, the bag was delayed in London.