Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Propose ATV TRACK CLUB

Default Propose ATV TRACK CLUB

This may sound like a crazy idea. Seeing that I have tracks on my ATV, and there are only a handful of us with them. Maybe creating an online club (since a lot of us are probably spread throughout the state) and be able to share experiences with the tracks, trails, tech talk, etc. Meeting occasionally for trail rides etc. (all season)

Any tackers (must own a set of tracks-not specific to any brand)
    Advice from anyone else as how to create the club-if it is feasable
    Any and all advice will be welcomed

Thanks

Matt

Default Well, why not?

If nothing else maybe us tracker types can identify ourselves on this forum and stay in touch. If there is enough interest then we can explore other ways to branch out, lobby the webmaster for our own forum or figure something else out. I'm still relatively new to running tracks and have only done one real run with them so far, on the Rex trail last month, so I've really been watching this forum for any info about other people's experiences with them.
    Do we let the argo guys with tracks play too?
    Ken

I'd definitely be interested.

2005 Outlander 400 Max XT
    Kimpex Commanders in the Winter

Default Club

Never a time like starting now. I posted a reply on the most recent ATV track thread. There is a long one that explains my experience with the tracks. I have owned two different sets and am very pleased with the Mattrax Litefoot XT. I will recently upgraded to heavier duty CV axels from Gorilla. Waiting for them to come in. Have had problems in the past tearing up from CV wheel side when I REALLY get stuck. I saw a pair of the Gorillas at HP Polaris, they are built nice and sturdy..the website claims they are 40% stronger than stock CV axels (all models).

It would be fun to get together and do a trail ride. Don't know who lives in Anchorage or Fairbanks...maybe this winter we could meet up near Cantwell (about halfway for everyone) and head out in that area east of the Parks...looks like a good area to play with the tracks in the snow.

Look forward to hearing from everyone:

My machine:

06 Polaris 800 EFI
    Mattrax LiteFoot XT
    Lots of extras

Matt

Default Rex Trail

How did Rex Trail go for you. How far did you get back and were there any wheels out as far as you went?

Default Argo with Tracks

I am torn about the Argo's....I am always for "more the merrier" never owned an argo...but it seems the tracks would be a little different since it is just a track over the wheels...and ATV tracks are four independent tracks...but you never know what others can bring to the table...they may or may not have some interesting in-put/stories:

Maybe a poll question??

Default Re: Rex Trail

Quote Originally Posted by polaristracker View Post
    How did Rex Trail go for you. How far did you get back and were there any wheels out as far as you went?
    We only got as far as the first river, total, tota... you know the first river! I guess it had been raining up in the mountains but nobody was crossing it unless they were in SUS-V's or bigger. A couple of good size track rigs even turned back. The trail going in was really muddy, I picked up about 200 pounds of mud overall on my rig and trailer. I didn't get stuck going through any mudholes but did get stuck on a few sharp turns on a go around, real pain that was. We set up camp at the river and then hunted back up the trail but never saw hide nor hair of a moose. No one else was seeing any sign either. By the third day I was starting to feel like I was camped out at the corner of Lake Otis and Tudor in Anchorage. There were that many people running the trail. My partners and I also watched as one group of wheelers tried to cross the river. The kid started across the second braid and got about half way when he stalled. Was dicey for a bit but they got a line out to him and finally got him pulled back in to the sand bar.
    Coming back out six days later there was a LOT more water on the trail (less mud too :-)). The first dry creek bed on the way in had about two feet of water running in it and one section of the trail had a good foot of clear creek water running in it for about 150 yards.. There were a lot more water/mud holes than there had been going in. Was a really good trip overall even if I didn't get a moose.

Default There's a difference

I am torn about the Argo's....I am always for "more the merrier" never owned an argo...but it seems the tracks would be a little different since it is just a track over the wheels...and ATV tracks are four independent tracks...but you never know what others can bring to the table...they may or may not have some interesting in-put/stories:

Maybe a poll question??
    My hunting partner has an Avenger wirh the wide rubber tracks, a rag top and all the other bells and whistles that you can get with an argo. Believe me, it rides reallllly, realllly well. Doesn't matter how bad the trail is as along as it's wide enough to accomadate the tracks. On the con side though, crossing a fast moving river that's a little deep can be a bad thing. Get lite on the tracks and start floating and he can be miles down river real quick. On the up side though if someone running track like us gets stuck chances are he won't and can pull us out fairly easily. Experience speaks here. I think you're right though, might be a poll question.
    Ken

The argos could run like a wrecker service for ya'll.

Default almost

Quote Originally Posted by 450HUNTER View Post
    The argos could run like a wrecker service for ya'll.
    If you're running tracks on your atv you really have to work at it to get stuck. But... I don't have a problem with having someone handy to pull me out when I do get stuck.

I hear you and at that moment I don't care what your riding.

Default Wrecker Service

Or the opposite....Us ATV trackers can be a wrecker service for you Argos

Default Rex Trail

Good story about your trip...enjoyed it.

What do you all think of having a group ride this winter??

Default Winter ride

Good story about your trip...enjoyed it.

What do you all think of having a group ride this winter??
    Ok, I could go for that but the temp has to be above zero (I don't live in Fairbanks for a reason, liquid helium freezes there ). Next question to start kicking around would be where? That was my first trip on the Rex and while I've flown to Deadhorse a few times the Rex trail was as far north as I've been on the road system so I'm not really familiar with all the trails that we might be able to do a run on.
    As an aside, lessons learned from this last trip... Mad Dog deluxe rear rack cargo bags are NOT waterproof out of the box. Seam sealer and a couple of cans of Camp Dry are strongly suggested for those of you thinking of buying one.

Default Winter ride

Unfortunately I don't live in Fairbanks by choice..that was uncle sams. Hoping to move back down to Anchorage next year. I was not planning a ride in Fairbanks but more central for everyone. I was thinking Cantwell...I proposed it earlier in my posting. Lots of open areas around there with people just taking off right from the Parks...let me know what everyone thinks

Default Winter Ride

Yeah, Cantwell and there abouts could be a good place to go for a ride. I had forgotten you mentioned earlier and hadn't read back through the other posts.
    I know about the Uncle Sam thing too. I only got to pick my geograpic location three times in 21 years, but that's a whole nother story.

99 Honda 450 Foreman S
    TJD Cat Trax

Thinkin' of getting the Mattracks Litefoot XT. Manufacturer salesman is quoting $5,100. Anyone got some advice or ideas? I am leaning towards them based on previous reading and recommendations.

http://www.litefootatv.com/html/new_litefoot_m3.htm

Thanks

I just bought a set in August. That sounds like a good price. Who are you talking to? Is this the guy out of Fairbanks? I searched around and he had the best price and knew alot about the tracks. Good luck. If you have any more questions send me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightime View Post
    Thinkin' of getting the Mattracks Litefoot XT. Manufacturer salesman is quoting $5,100. Anyone got some advice or ideas? I am leaning towards them based on previous reading and recommendations.

http://www.litefootatv.com/html/new_litefoot_m3.htm

Thanks
    I'm running Generation 4 Cat Trax on my 99 Honda Foreman. I almost went with the Mattracks but changed my mind at the last minute because of price, warranty length and I found out that someone I knew had a set of Cats and really liked them on his Rhino. Check out the link below and maybe call them. The TJD, USA (cattrax makers) said they are probably some of the most knowledgable (bad spelling, bad, no donut) people around when it comes to track systems. Whatever you wind up with, enjoy.
    http://www.atvtracks.net/

Default Mattrax price

$5100 is the exact price I paid for mine, Mattrax Litefoot XT. Bought them from Track Man in Fairbanks. Originally called Mattrax, and base price was cheaper, but with shipping ended up costing more. They recommended Track Man to me. He probably gets a big discount on shipping since he orders in bulk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast