Thread: The elitist

Default The elitist

I'll ask for your opinions here. Who would you call an elitist between a guy spending $12,000.00 (or more) to kill a single animal and the guy who just wants freezer stock?

Who would you call an elitist between the guy climbing a mountain for the chance of a shot, and the guy driving logging roads that only kills bucks?

Who is an elitist? The guy that is trying to feed his family, or the guy that can afford a month off of work to float any river in the US (airfare and lodging included) to shoot "game" like buffalo, elk, grizzly bear, etc.?

I'll compare my elitism to anyones.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

And your point is???????????????

I don't see a point either.......as long as stuff is not illegal, there are no ilitist there in my opinion.

oz
    il vaut mieux Ítre bon que la chance

I have a feeling this stems from the talk about the Katmai Brownie...

Default Here we go again

Soggy:

The Discussion forum was just shut down because of a war of words about who’s your mama, so to speak.. Is this thread going anywhere or is this just going to lock down the hunting forum also?

Sincerely

Bigmnt

I sense jealousy.
    I'm not a wealthy man by any means.
    I just love the beautiful game animals of the world.
    I've spent tens of thousands of hard earned dollars to do it.
    I did it through hard work and sacrafice.
    Hell, I had to sell my nice 4x4 and drive a pos old Subaru station wagon to afford my Kodiak Brown Bear hunt!
    I have a friend who put himself through school to become a dentist.
    It took him years of study and years of going without.
    While I was out hunting and goofing off, he was at home eating tv dinners and studying.
    Now, he is extremley successful and is able to hunt all over the world.
    I get real tired of lazy people lamenting the fact that they can't go hunting all over the map like the "rich guys".
    You know who I blame for my inability to keep up with the wealthy hunters?
    No one but myself.
    Labels like "elitist" many times come from people without the drive to succeeed.

Default Elitist

My view on the word elistist has nothing to do with money spent to go hunting. My view of elitist is the guys that think you can't be a good hunter unless you have the top of the line gear. Or fisherman that think you aren't serious about fishing unless you pay way too much for your fishing gear. I would love to spend a ton of money on a trophy hunt, but I would do it with Cabelas bargain cave camo and a decent rifle. I think elitist is a persons view on things, not their willingness to spend what it takes for them to get game.

Default General Discussion

Soggy,
    This is a general discussion topic.
    We all know its closed (rightfully) over in that neck of the woods hopefully to reopen for business soon.

I'd say lets shelve this posting until then, okay? We can reopen it then and there and see what the thoughts are on your topic.

Thanks,
    Frank