Thread: Birchwood shooting range??

Default Birchwood shooting range??

Where adzactly is the Birchwood shooting range?? I normally shoot at RC and am looking at headin' down to Birchwood Tue. or Wed. but I couldn't find directions.

thanks guys,

Jon

Call them before you go..I can't remember exactly but they are usually closed Monday and Tuesday.
    Tennessee

Default Birchwood Range

Head North on the Glenn Hwy till the North Birchwood exit. Hang a left and follow across the railroad tracks and wind around the airfield and its on your right on the backside of the airfield.
    Enjoy. It's a nice facility.

Ed

I usually head out there Monday or Tuesday because it's quiet, and it is not uncommon to have the range to myself, but that's the privilages of an exclusive park member. There's a friendly atmoshpere and it's rare I am shooting beside someone who isn't willing to chat about whatever. I really look forward to my trips out there.

Default Membership

WG,
    How do you become a member? Do you know the annual membership fee? I am off Monday and Tuesday every other week, and it sure would be nice to be able to shoot when they are closed to the public. Thanks.

Jake

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

jake:
    Membership is $175.00 per year for the "Exclusive Park Membership" that WG mentioned. That is, unless they've raised it again.

The rifle range isn't open to the public on Mondays and Tuesdays. I don't remember if it is open on Sundays or not.

The daily charge to the public is $10.00 .

EPMs can go any day, and have longer hours.
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

It's open on Sundays. when I go I like to go on Sunday when they open. I've been thinking of getting a park membership, but don't know if I shoot enough for that.
    Chris Willhoite

Default membership

Thanks for the info Smitty. Does that membership include the trap/skeet ranges also? I think i might stick with just paying the 10 bucks each time, $175 seems pretty high for a range membership.

Jake

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Jake5253:
    I think the Shoot Gun ranges are a different ball game.

They have another, and cheaper membership, but they charge a daily rate on top of that.

I agree that $175.00 is spendy. I could go 17 and 1/2 times at the daily rate for that price, but I'd have to go during the hours open to the public, and have shorter hours.

I guess I keep going there because it's closer to where I live than RC, and there are more and better ranges.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.