Thread: Can you hunt near Arctic Valley?

Default Can you hunt near Arctic Valley?

I think I remember reading somewhere if you are across the creek and not on the actual ski area you can, but would like to confirm that before making any plans. Any help is appreciated.

Yes you can hunt up there. If you want to hunt on the military land you need to get a permit from the front gate on Ft.Richardson. If you hunt off military land there is no problem.

That is some thick stuff if you get down in the trees! Above the treeline you should be good for ptarmigan.

Default boundry...

id like to know the exact boundry too...i heard also it was the creek
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

Default Tokle Creek

The rule listed in the regs is that you cannot hunt in the Tokle Creek drainage. This includes the whole ski resort, that whole drainage. Tokle Creek is the creek that is partially dammed up right at the base of the ski area. Go back into the valley. Once you get around behind the ski resort, you're okay to hunt. The military land boundary runs north-south through there. If you look on a map, you see that basically if you are out of Tokle Creek drainage, you're off base as well. So just go around and back into the valley. I've done this several times. You can run into a bunch of birds, or, of course, you could see none. Good luck!

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

To add to this, if you go too far back Tokle creek valley, you will be in South Fork Eagle River drainage, and you are not allowed to hunt small game without a permit in the ER drainage, so stay on the Ship Creek side.

yes the ship creek drainage outside of the drainage that the ski area is in you can hunt. Read the regulation...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

It would be awfully useful if ADFG would publish an area boundary map with topographical features, so you could actually figure out where all the special area boundaries are within 14c.

this is for sheep

but anywhere on that map in the drawing area you can hunt small game the only thing is that the eklutna river drainage is bow and arrow only that is this area

oh and the upper eagle river drainage is by registration permit only and you can only use shotgun, bow or muzzleloader
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default hunting on Ft Rich (south side)

South side of Fort Richardson (mountain side) is only open for Draw permit Moose hunting. No small game hunting up there.

Ft Rich opened up 11E just up from the golf course Sunday. I opted to go around Clunie Lake instead but came up empty. Reckon I should have gone up to Arctic Valley instead.

Angry Jumped the gun

Quote Originally Posted by AKRDGRUNNER View Post
    South side of Fort Richardson (mountain side) is only open for Draw permit Moose hunting. No small game hunting up there.
    See even i can be wrong (at least I admit it) 11E when open is good.....the only thing is that if bow hunting small game, blunt tips and shotguns 10guage and smaller. No rifles etc. Also, Dont forget to sign in at the front gate if the automated system is down. Once again, I apologize for putting bad info out there. There are several closed areas up there, but not the whole south side.