Thread: Argo Trolling Motor Update

Thumbs up Argo Trolling Motor Update

Well I broke down and bought a trolling motor to put on my Avenger to see if it would push it.... I bought the 50 lb thrust MinnKota and it works pretty good Your not going to get up on step but it moves faster than running the tires and it's quite, it turns really good too. If you run the tires and the trolling motor it scoots along pretty quick. I'm glad I tried it now cause next year those remote lakes with fish are in trouble and cruising the shore line while calling moose will be nice and quite.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by fishingis4play View Post
    .....I bought the 50 lb thrust MinnKota and it works pretty good Your not going to get up on step but it moves faster than running the tires and it's quite, it turns really good too. If you run the tires and the trolling motor it scoots along pretty quick......
    Do you have a GPS? If so, the next time you have your rig in the water, can you check your speed?

I'm wondering how it will do in a current........

Default Electric Motor

I've got an old 6 hp that I think will work nicely on my avenger. The trolling motor is an interesting idea, but I think I'd wanna' reread the regs on using ATVs for pursuit........ Heck, I'm still grinning just because I can now swim through mud holes I usta' go around.