Thread: John's Hole

Default John's Hole

Just wondering if anyone was willing to give up some GPS coordinates for John's Hole out of Deep Creek. I have a Zodiac and was wanting to catch a couple halbut this weekend and heard that spot was good and close.

Thanks,
    Rob

Default Deep Creek Coordinates

I've got a couple three sets of coordinates but they're in my boat at Seward. I'd head out at 10:00 O'Clock from the beach and run about 7 miles. I'm thinking that'll put you in about 90 feet of water. Drop your anchor and get comfortable. There oughta' be a lot of charters running out past you. It's hard not to catch nice halibut off Deep Creek. I've done well in waters as shallow as 4o feet...... If that don't work, sometimes moving towards the gun shots will help. Deep Creek's gotta' be my favorite spot for halibut.

Default Deep Creek

Thanks alot. I have been out there a couple times on charters, but we went way out. A couple guys I work with go out in smaller boats and just stop here and there and fish with good luck too. I guess that's what we will do this weekend. Just didn't realize it would take 7 miles to get to 90 feet. I'll let ya now what I pull up.
    Thanks