Thread: nefarious pawn shop dealers

Default nefarious pawn shop dealers

There is a very nasty FFL holder in the Valley who holds an FFL to sell guns.

And, what..?

Default nefarious

This MatSu Valley pawn shop dealer (do you know of any other such fine, ethical and upstanding member of a community than a pawnbroker?) is selling firearms that he did not purchase, at a profit to himself. He "confiscated" guns he was intrusted to run background checks on for a local charity raffle. He presents himself as an NRA advocate and member, but has no qualms about stealing guns and making a profit. He claims that he can do this under ATF laws. According to ATF, he has stretched the laws to protect himself, and that they do not condone his actions.

I would suggest that any law abiding person not do business with this man. He is out to screw anyone he can, After all, he is a pawnbroker. And, he claims to be a member of the NRA. It would do my heart harm to think that an NRA member would stoop to such a low level as to steal guns from a charity organization so that he can make a profit.

I don't understand. If he is selling something he doesn't own, without the owners consent, then he is breaking the law. If there is something wrong with the gun's background he should contact the police. The charity should contact the police about this.

Ps The owners of Tudor Pawn in Anchorage are truely fine people and strong supporters of the NRA

There are good ones and bad ones around.

I watched one use a black Sharpie to "touch up" the bluing on several rifles. When I came back another day to look at a rifle, he threw me out of the shop when I pulled out an alcohol soaked rag to wipe down the rifle.

Yet another one called me when a guy I know let the pawn expire on some rifles he inherited from his dad, who had been a close friend of mine. I got hold of other surviving relatives and together we rescued the guns. He didn't have to do that, but showed his morality and community spirit in keeping them from disappearing from the family forever.

Default More info

Here is some more info:

The non-profit organization is the Alaska Moose Federation (AMF). We used this Pawn shop to sell our event tickets and to handle the transfer of our firearms this past April. On September 30th the owner of pawn shop “X” contacted me on a business deal asking if he could sell 6 to 8 of our lower price guns and he would give us 7% over cost. I turned him down on his offer since we are in the works to have another function to purchase GPS collars for moose for the Palmer Department of Fish and Game. The next day he took the stance that he can do what he wants with our firearms

Several members of AMF went and asked that these guns be transferred to another FFL, which he refuses. We then asked that he transfer them to an individual, he also refused. Both of which are legal under CFR 27. He is stating the reason he will not release our guns is because “we don’t know what the hell we are doing”, “we are a crooked organization” (the governor and mayor don’t have a problem with us); we don’t have a gaming license nor a tax id. (Not true). None of the above reasons he mentioned are listed in the CFR has legal means to not allow a transfer of a firearm. He told one of the AMF members that “I am god and I can do what ever I want with these guns”. He also stated that ATF told him it sell them.

I have talked with the local ATF and they did mention that since these guns are in his books that they are technically his, but they did not tell him that it would be best to sell them. In fact, they suggested (to pawn shop) that he return the gun to VF Grace and they would refund us our money. But how would he make a profit doing this? He has decided to go ahead with his plans and sell them and keep the profits for himself.

Bottom line is he didn’t purchase these guns, he refused to follow the CFR’s, and to my surprise neither the ATF nor Wasilla police will do anything about him misusing his FFL license. We are going to have to take him to court to get our guns back but more than likely our money.

I find it very hard to believe someone that is involved with the NRA is doing this and why he feels that it is OK to make a profit off of a non-profit organization.

We have to put off our fundraiser for the moose collars until this problem is resolved.

So beware of whom you trust to handle your firearms!

Laughing...

I think I am banned from his store in the tradition of "The Soup Nazi."

His son (if it is the same shop) backed into my truck while he was plowing snow with a 4 Wheeler.

The kid was all of 12 or 13, and, neither I nor the insurance company had problems with the estimates. But, the dealer asked me to go to MACO, and I refused...

So, I was banned from the store.

It sounds like the same guy to me.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

You folks need to get your rep to make an appointment with Wayne Anthony Ross and ask for his help. I can think of a lot of different legal ways around this problem. Have you thought about going after his business licence? You have to haul him into court, you need to lay a better foundation for a tort action. You get this clown in front of a jury and he will be toast. You have to make it so that it costs him far more to defend his actions in court than any profit he might see from the sell of the guns.

By the way, WAR is total NRA , give Wayne a call.

Default "no Soup For You! Next!"

LOL!!!! Soggy, that's one of my favs...LOL

A couple people mentioned this guy (or guys) being NRA members and supporters...Remember, anyone can join the NRA.

Never accept at face value that a member of any group is an honest upstanding citizen. Be it a church group, co-worker, or the NRA (even this board?).

Greed will do strange things to people.

Default Can't guess who?

Tried but just can't guess who you all are talking about. A PM might from someone might be helpful.

What do you expect from a pawn shop owner? These are people whose livelihood is gaming other people's stupidity and fencing stolen merchandise. Only marginally more reputable than well-diggers, car-salesmen and marine biologists.

marine biologists??? explain...

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by akprideinvegas View Post
    marine biologists??? explain...
    They're all wet.