Thread: Anyone been on the Wulik River??

Question Anyone been on the Wulik River??

I am planning to float the Wulik River in NW Alaska next September. Has anyone been there? I floated the nearby Kelly and Kugururok but dont have any insights on the Wulik. Anyone willing to help out? Any insights greatly appreciated. My wife and I will be going alone this year and I am trying to do my homework in hopes that we will have a safe and enjoyable trip. That will make it easier to get her up there next time. Ha ha.

I've never been on the Wiluk, and I'm also trying to put together a float in that area for 2008. Furthest north I have been is the Nome area. How was Kelly and the Kugururok? I have considered both of these in addition to the Wiluk as possibilities. Send me a PM if you would like.

Default Sent..

PM sent. Anyone else want info on NW Alaska, let me know. Seen some pretty awesome stuff up there. Going on the Wulik next Sept. For high quality rafts, tents, stoves, and other gear rentals in Kotz, check out www.northwestalaska.com

I have done the wulik 3 times and I have learned that it is better to just find a good Hole and camp on it We caught some nice charr to16lbs,also caribou crossed thru camp every day we got 6 bou and tons of fish saying in 1 place that was the best by far.! caribou was in the 400. Nice graying too .Its alot easier to not take rafts and say in 1 place. you can walk up and down with no problem.

Default 16 lb dolly...

That would make me want to stay put as well. We are looking to float about 30-35 miles over 8/9 days next Sept. Just trying to figure out what part of the river would be best. The upper sections may be more scenic, but I suspect the middle/lower will be where most the dollies are. Anyone been up on the Wulik? Any pictures? Worth a thousand words... Thanks for any info!