Thread: ATV Trailer

Default ATV Trailer

I am fixing to build a trailer to pull behind my argo and was looking for suggestion on what to use for the box. I have been told to use a fish tote but I have not been able to find one to look at and see what the measurement are. I will be building the frame myself. If you have any suggestion or pics I would like to hear/see them. Thanks

1/2 inch plywood works well. As does aluminum. So do the fish totes. If you live close to Eagle River give me a shout and I will show you the two I have that I designed myself. Most important thing (to me anyhow) is to have the tires outside the box and not under them.
    Tennessee

I might be in the area this coming weekend. My son has a wrestling tournament this weekend down their. I live in Fairbanks. I used plywood on the ones I built for my four wheelers. I also like the tires on the outside because with them under they get top heavy.

Default old thread

Hey 450 old thread lots of ideas
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=13558
    mine for atv is there aswell as alot of others
    good building

A 100 or 150 gal rubbermaid tub. Mine is a 100gal but it would be nice to have one a little bigger. Indestructable and waterproof.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Smile Aluminum

I have this aluminum trailer. I use it behind an argo and it is for sale. I have two and am selling this one wich is brand new. I'm asking $1500, which one this size brand new is around $2300. It floats, and can haul a lot of gear. Tires are the runnamuks which is what is on my argo. Will consider for less if you have your own tires you will put on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default My Argo Trailer

Here is my argo trailer.The crane can lift a 50" moose with out the hind quarters.What a back saver.Walking beam is the only way to go.

Cool Another pic

Here is another picture of the works.Argo with supertracks trailer with standard tracks.

Mooseeker,
    Where did you get your plastic tote? I looked at the ones that Arctic Fire & Safety have but I think it would be wider than my Argo when built. Their tote was 40" wide at the bottom. Once I build a frame and put axles with tires I'm thinking it will be wider than my argo. Are your axles fixed to the frame are will they rotate if the front tire falls into a hole.

Thumbs up argo trailer

The tote is the one from Arctic fire.The trailer is about a half a tire width wider then the argo. The tires do rotate. Works real well can put a moose in it and still put lid on.Hope this helps 450 and I am in fairbanks if someone wants a better look. I just love the crane.

mooseeker. That looks like one nice trailer there. I really want a trailer with a walking axle. How wide would you say the trailer is? I know you said it's a little wider than your argo but how wide is that? Might get a hold of you next summer to have a look at it. I'm in Fairbanks as well.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default trailer width

Trailer is 6 feet wide. I run 25" tires instead of 22's.Contact me anytime.