Thread: Swarovski's fogged up

Default Swarovski's fogged up

AARGH! my SLC 10x42's fogged up(internal) on me this weekend. Anyone have experience with Swaro's warranty service..mainly concerned about turn around time, I feel naked without them. KK

Default Try moisture absorbing pellets

Put your optics in a container with absorbing pellets, im not sure if thats the correct name but they are sold in the rv/caming section at walmart or any other department store. I use them in my motor home during the winter to prevent mold and mildew. Put them in a container and they will remove all moisture from your optics. This will not cure your problem but you will atleast be able to use them until the off season.

Default sevice report

Had my 8x30s go in for service a few years back. (Focus knob broken.) Called the dealer and they gave me instructions on where to send - Masssachusetts I think it was. While it was in they called me to see if I wanted to get them recoated. Very positive experience. (except for the being naked without my eyeballs feeling.)

Default Swaro Repair

I had send my 8X30 binoculars in for repair on two different occations. They fogged up internally on fly out trips. I was very disappointed but anything can fail. Contact Swarovski for shipping instructions. They will repair them fast and for free. These binoculars were first purchased in 1990 and on the second repair Swarovski upgraded them and filled them with nitrogen to match the newer models.

I was very suprised when they fogged up, almost disbelief thought my eye's were playing tricks on me. I called them and got their shipping instructions. When I called them I didn't have my Binocs infront of me and the customer svc rep said I needed to give them the Serial number before I sent them so I would need to call back. I thought that was kinda strange(they are registered) and I wouldn't think Swaro would have much warranty work(kinda like the Maytag man) that they would have to have a Ser number before I ship them. The women who answered the phone had some sort of accent not austrian or german maybe some flavor of spanish and was kinda difficult to understand and didn't seem overly helpful. Kinda disappointing considering the amount of $ I dropped on these binocs. You would think they would make it as simple as possible. The service after the sale is what makes loyal customers. Well anyway I sent them off last week and would be real pleased if they offered to recoat them but we'll see. KK

Default Worked for me

I had a pair of 8x30 fog up some ten years ago on a moose hunt. I dont remember all the specifics but I had no difficulty getting a new pair from Swarovski. Considering the money spent on them I was peeved at the time but the new pair has held up fine.

Default broken focus

Sent my 10 x 50's slc back through my closest dealer.broken internal focus??-- about 6 years old --new pair in less than a week,
    Love em ---Quality pays !!!!

Default hmmm......

I'm curious how common this problem is with Swarovski. One of my dad's hunting partners had a pair fog up on him during a moose hunt a few years ago. He wasn't real happy, and he doesn't have Swarovski glasses any more. I think he switched to Leica.

Well haven't heard from Swaro other than a postcard confirming they recieved them so I called yesterday. The response was "ah yeah, they just got serviced today. Ok then when can I expect to have them back? Well we will ship them out towards the end of the week, No wait closed Thur & Friday, probally send them out early next week. I have to say I'm a little disappointed, I'm going blacktail hunting this weekend and sure would like to have them. Seems like I'm on the bottom of the priority list or that Swaro is swamped with warranty work. KK

Swarovski recently changed their warranty and I think the big change was their 10 year stipulation underlined below (gr8fuldoug posted about this, do a search if you care) and my brother had an interesting experience w/ the swaro warranty department. He sent his 8x30 SLC's in for repair (one of the lenses was off-kilter and you couldn't see through one side). They called back and said they were too old to be serviced under warranty but they could fix them for X amount of dollars. He told them no and said to ship them back. In the mean time he bought a pair of 10x42s and had the old ones shipped to my house. When they arrived I looked through them and they had brand new lenses front and back with a little note that said "We did what we could". Anyways, worked out good for me. Bought them for 400 bucks and essentially got a brand new pair of 8x30 swaros!

EDIT: Did the searching in case anyone did care... LINK:-->http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=15937

INFO:
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug View Post
    We just received this info directly from Swarovski on their Warranty Policy. This is exactly how their warranty reads. I know there has been lots of confusion as to their warranty policy so I thought I would post a copy here to help clear up that confusion. If anyone has any questions about this please feel free to contact us.

Swarovski Limited Lifetime Warranty
    Thank you for purchasing this instrument and welcome to the world of Swarovski Optik. Since our founding in 1949, the Swarovski community has been committed to providing an ownership experience, which includes our legendary service that is second to none. We sincerely believe that our optics are the best in the world and put them through rigorous tests to ensure that the name you trust is built to the highest standards. But in the unlikely event that you discover a problem in defects in workmanship or materials, we’ll gladly examine the instrument. Swarovski Optik offers a lifetime warranty on the optical system of our products for products purchased by US residents from an authorized Swarovski Optik North American dealer. Once examined, if it is determined that the optical system is defective we will repair or replace the instrument or defective part. Swarovski Optik warrants all other parts of the instrument for ten years from date of purchase against defects in materials or workmanship, subject to normal use. All electronic components are warranted for two years against defects in materials and workmanship, subject to normal use, from date of purchase. All non-optical products (i.e. accessories, tripods etc.) are warranted for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is void if damage results from unauthorized repairs, accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, fire, flood or other acts of God. If after the warranty period your instrument needs servicing please call customer service at (800) 426-3089. At Swarovski, we are totally committed to our customer, products and service. Once you have had the pleasure of owning and using our products, we are sure they will become your trusted companions for life.

“Any Swarovski Optik product that is purchased in the U.S. that is not imported by Swarovski Optik North America and not sold to a consumer by an Authorized U.S. Swarovski Optik North America Dealer has no Authorized Warranty.”

In the event of a defect, please call customer assistance at (800) 426-3089 to obtain a Service Order Number (SO), which will be used to identify your warranty request through its completion. When you call, our customer service representative will give you instructions as to where to send or take the product for service. Whenever you send or take your product to us, please enclose your name, shipping address, daytime phone number, a brief description of the problem, and a copy of the receipt from an authorized U.S. Swarovski Optik North America dealer. Please write the Service Order Number on the enclosure and on the outside of any packaging. We will determine, at our option, whether to repair or replace the instrument. If the instrument is not covered under the warranty, we will contact you with an estimate of the repair price. Any correspondence should be sent to:

Swarovski Optik N.A. Ltd. • 2 Slater Road • Cranston, RI 02920 or warrantyrepair@swarovskioptik.at

Please do not send us your instrument until we have issued a Service Order Number and instructed you to do so. If you are instructed to return the instrument to us, you are responsible for properly packaging your instrument. You are responsible for insuring the package and assume the risk of loss in transit to us, unless we arrange for transport.

Default No such hocus pocus with Burris or Leupold

I've had hassle free no questions asked flat out 100% FREE warranty coverage from both.........

Yeah it is kind of disappointing to see that with swaro. You pay top dollar for the best, IMO, and part of that price SHOULD include the best in customer service also. I haven't had any problems personally but apparently others have...